The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How can I level up enchanting?

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing ESO for months and deconstructing everything I find. All crafts levelled up quite quickly. Why is enchanting so slow? Exp gain from crafting is slow and exhausts my rune stash... Tried deconstructing from other players but it's still super slow. Still need 2 levels to hit 50 but it feels like it will be a couple of months. Any tips?
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deconstruct green or better at highest or c150 runes. You can buy these at guild traders.

If you can afford purple c160 runes then those will get those last few points quickly enough.

So, farm gold and buy best runes you can afford.

Alternatively ask in any guilds you're in; you'll probably get hit with masses of white runes (c150) but every little helps, particularly if free. Or supply mats to others(friends/guildies) to make highest level runes for you to deconstruct.

edit: or post your platform and in game handle here and ask if anyone can mail any; you may get more than you bargained for, though. ;)
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on August 18, 2020 5:34AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the geysers in summerset. You will get blue glyths to decon which give good xp.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask a friendly player to make some blue or purple ones for you and deconstruct them. Thats how we did it back when I was levelling it. You should hit lvl 50 pretty fast that way. Oh and making them also helps with your levelling. That way you can give your stuff to a player who also needs help with enchanting.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Truly superb glyphs (150/160cp) will give you more xp when deconstructing. The higher the quality the more xp is granted. (white>blue>purple>gold).

FYI: If this isn't your 1st char, you can craft glyph(s) with one char to be deconstructed by other char(s).
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • scorrp10
    scorrp10
    Soul Shriven
    I found enchanting quite easy to level. Started rather recently, but been harvesting pretty much every single runestone. Doing daily craft writs, and deconning every glyph I got. Be sure to up not just potency, but quality skill so you can make blue/purple glyphs early. I think a single purple glyph brings like 10x xp compared to same white glyph. After all, any quality runes below Kuta are just fodder. In less than 2 months, my main has every craft at 50. Jewelry was probably the most frustrating to level.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally hit lvl 50. Still, requiring a few months is quite long, given that all other crafts need about a day. Jewelry is quite easy too. Just farm dolmens and decon everything.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to remember the fastest way for enchanting was to bulk craft glyphs, working up from Ta to Rekuta. You do need a fair stash of Ta, Jejota, Denata etc. though, but you get some of it back through decon to use again. It was the last thing I leveled up, but was also the fastest for me. Hirelings used to be op though.
    PC | EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a mate to make loads of Cp160 ones you'll do it in a few minutes
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make them on another crafter of yours if you have one already at 50. I find the Superb (not Truly Superb) ones are the most effective.

Get a guildie to help otherwise.

Though this can be a significant expenditure on their part, so see if you can help them out a bit.

(The price for the purple mat for Superb is much cheaper than the one for Truly Superb and I did not see a big enough difference in deconning them to count.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should help, older thread but the basics of quickly leveling enchanting are still the same:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3084956/#Comment_3084956
    bye1.gif
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling enchanting sucks. I had to level my alts by making purple cp160 glyphs on my master crafter for them to deconstruct.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling enchanting sucks. I had to level my alts by making purple cp160 glyphs on my master crafter for them to deconstruct.
    yeah, big waste of runes.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a first character:
    Decon everything, farm every rune node, put every skill point into enchanting especially the passive that gives you more runes back from deconing, once you are level 40 use all your blue (denata) and rejera + oko/deni/makko to get an enchanter to make glyphs until you reach 44, do them 10 at a time, after level 44 swap the blue to purple (rekuta) to boost the last few levels without wasting too many decent runes.
    After you have one char max enchant you can enchant/decon for yourself.
    Dump every glyph in the bank and decon it on the alt until you get to level 40, do as above.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides what's said above -- the first time you craft with a particular kind of rune, you get a nice shot of inspiration points for the "research". That takes you up several levels in the craft total, whether you do it early or late in the leveling process.

Something similar is true for alchemy.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 1, 2020 6:17AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used the purple Superb runes. They are much cheaper than the Truly Superb variant.

I probably could have saved some money leveling my alts after my main was maxed, but I just made a BUNCH of purple ones to reach my goal on each alt.
    PC
    PS4/PS5