Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove npc xp in the nonvet campaign

Gamplyr613
Gamplyr613
✭✭
As many experienced nonvet players know xp is a very bad thing for those who enjoy nonvet pvp. Every time you level your stats get weaker and you need a new set of gear to get almost back to the stats you had at the previous level. Another problem with leveling is it forces you out of the campaign when you hit 50 whether you wanted to leave or not. This causes a very bad behavior distortion. Since some players are well aware of this they avoid killing npcs thus putting a heavier burden on their teammates who are stuck killing them not only without help fighting but without healing as that causes xp sharing also. This makes some teammates angry so they start harassing the players who are avoiding killing npcs. All this can be easily solved by removing all xp from pvp npcs.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Part of the non-vet experience is outleveling your gear, learning how to fight with that handicap and maybe trying something new with new sets, vetting out and learning a different class, switching from stam to mag, DPS to healer. i.e. learning the game from many angles.

Are these group mates you speak of long time players trying to hold on to their twinked out toons or new players, not ready to move on to other things (toons, campaigns, classes, etc . . .)

PS-I've rarely seen this behavior and only from people at level 48 or 49 that want to hold on for another night. Seems like a minor issue.

edit-I would find it frustrating to the point of being intolerable is my group mates did this regularly.
    Edited by Beaverton on October 2, 2020 5:45PM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason to do this is to stay in sub 50 pvp forever. I have no issue with someone only playing below 50; just make a new toon.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someday there will be a level lock, it might be a crown item, but you will be able to level lock. Remember when alliance change was never going to happen?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP is inherently part of the game. As any experienced non-vet PvP player knows it is not intended to play in the sub-50 PvP with one character indefinitely. In other words, it is intended that a character will gain XP and out-level the campaign.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »

PS-I've rarely seen this behavior and only from people at level 48 or 49 that want to hold on for another night. Seems like a minor issue.

edit-I would find it frustrating to the point of being intolerable is my group mates did this regularly.

From what i know from the PC EU nonvet campaign nearly all experienced players avoid killing npcs at all if it isnt a complete must to do so.
    So most better rerollers are gonna get out of the range of the guards when they get their aggro, even tho killing would be way faster.
    That is also why a fair amount does barely take part in keep battles at all, but rather stays on the wall and watches the fight.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    I play in U50 quite a bit because I really enjoy trying lots of new builds with a wide range of playstyles. I'm not saying I'm good at them all, but the journey from L10 to L49 is great fun. I simply re-roll and try something different. It costs me big-style on mats, and I have to endure PVE to earn my coin to maintain my fun ;) So when I see folks (we all know who you are) avoiding doing any effort and simply leeching AP it really irks. Run a handful of toons and share kit between your toons if you have to, but FGS don't whinge when observed & called-out.

I also have a few toons in Grey Host, but the lag is insane for us folks in Western Australia. If our latency was on-par with NA, I'm still not sure I would totally forego U50 and play more with the big boys, as I do like small-scale group action and lack of those pesky ball-zergs.

Anyway OP... get out from behind that wall and help your mates.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    The only reason to do this is to stay in sub 50 pvp forever. I have no issue with someone only playing below 50; just make a new toon.

Yeah getting sick of people who think its ok to make new characters with gold gear sets crafted by their mains for the sole purpose of dominating low levels and newer players in pre 50 pvp.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Yeah getting sick of people who think its ok to make new characters with gold gear sets crafted by their mains for the sole purpose of dominating low levels and newer players in pre 50 pvp.

I would not spend nearly all prime time in nonvet PvP if it was actually possible to play vet cyro when it is locked.
    But right now as soon as you get into a fight the lag gets on an absolutely ridiculous level.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Bit of an urban myth that one mate.... most of the 'seasoned' folks will leave the newer players alone when they come across them solo. The vast majority of action is between similar small groups of well-kitted and very tough players in a (relatively) lag-free environment. It's actually often harder to play in U50 than simply zerg-surfing in Gray Host with 50 of yr guildmates, or indeed light-attacking from a keep wall....
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

From what i know from the PC EU nonvet campaign nearly all experienced players avoid killing npcs at all if it isnt a complete must to do so.
    So most better rerollers are gonna get out of the range of the guards when they get their aggro, even tho killing would be way faster.
    That is also why a fair amount does barely take part in keep battles at all, but rather stays on the wall and watches the fight.

Perhaps a difference between the culture of the NA vs EU server?-i don't know. I play AD NA. Don't know about the OP.

Also, I am curious for all those saying they play Icereach because of the lag issues in vet, do you ever play Blackreach? On NA it seems to have about the same population as icereach so presumably similar lag and similar density of fights. Of course for actual new players this isn't a viable option cause CP makes a huge difference. I don't play there much cause I suck (at small scale).
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Sir_Aquillius
    Sir_Aquillius
    Soul Shriven
    Eu sever player icereach , Personally I have no problem with getting XP from the NPCS from the non vet campaign , To me its all about levelling up your skills and class abillties which can help you a lot, there is also the pve aspect of cyrodill which is easy on non vet (if thats what you desire) There is a quite a few players that come into low level pvp to level and to complete the map plus levelling up there alliance skill.

As for the vet players (who play non vet) many just create a new character when they have got passed level 50, I have not really a problem with that as there is a bit of a challenge when other vets go up against them the only slight is they are some that will constantly get emp the same people all over again just with a different named char with the same account.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

Perhaps a difference between the culture of the NA vs EU server?-i don't know. I play AD NA. Don't know about the OP.

Also, I am curious for all those saying they play Icereach because of the lag issues in vet, do you ever play Blackreach? On NA it seems to have about the same population as icereach so presumably similar lag and similar density of fights. Of course for actual new players this isn't a viable option cause CP makes a huge difference. I don't play there much cause I suck (at small scale).

I tried Blackreach and it certainly is less laggy than the other vet campaigns, but i gotta say i just dont like CP PvP (even though im, over max CP), so if i play vet i play Ravenwatch or BGs.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the vet players (who play non vet) many just create a new character when they have got passed level 50, I have not really a problem with that as there is a bit of a challenge when other vets go up against them the only slight is they are some that will constantly get emp the same people all over again just with a different named char with the same account.

I also have that feeling about emp that there are maybe 5 players on nonvet who get emp and others just have to get really lucky. The worst part about that is that those players are the main reason that the map is dominated by on colour like 80% of the time, which automatically leads to less fun for everyone else.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main