Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player blatantly cheating in PvP.

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
I am not one to come here and do this but I just left a game where it was really obvious and changed the course of the game. A few teammates complained that the player was hitting them with focused aim ( 1 second cast ) numerous times at once. None of us lagging. I got hit with 3 of them at once for sure and then the same player ( "Voiler" ) killed me with 5 silver shards at once. How is this possible?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

It's not cheating per se, it's taking advantage of poor hit recognition on the target's end. The player fires all their skills as normal, but they know that often, the skills will land simultaneously on their target, even tho that shouldn't be possible.

Google:

Eso snipe health desync

to learn more.

[Edit for Bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 6, 2020 2:03AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Selminus wrote: »
    I am not one to come here and do this but I just left a game where it was really obvious and changed the course of the game. A few teammates complained that the player was hitting them with focused aim ( 1 second cast ) numerous times at once. None of us lagging. I got hit with 3 of them at once for sure and then the same player ( "Voiler" ) killed me with 5 silver shards at once. How is this possible?

My advise : dont bother tonunderstand why and how etc . Its waste of time ! Pvp is ruubbiisshhhh ! Dont waste your time with it ! Go do other things ! Is a lot to do in game !
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

It's not cheating per se, it's taking advantage of poor hit recognition on the target's end. The player fires all their skills as normal, but they know that often, the skills will land simultaneously on their target, even tho that shouldn't be possible.

Google:

Eso snipe health desync

to learn more.

[Edit for Bait.]

And how is translated in common tongue ?
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 6, 2020 2:06AM
    M
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »

My advise : dont bother tonunderstand why and how etc . Its waste of time ! Pvp is ruubbiisshhhh ! Dont waste your time with it ! Go do other things ! Is a lot to do in game !

I disagree. PvP in ESO can be very fun, and BGs are the best way to enjoy it.

That said, there is a precipitous learning curve. Play a lot, google things that confuse you, and ask questions here and on reddit. In time you'll have a functional grasp of everything going on in a match.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »

@Mappy2kx

your attitude is exactly why ZOS is dumbing down the game more with every patch. Simply because players want to be competetive but dont want to learn how to get to the level of the good players.
    If you dont even bother trying to understand how stuff works then how do you know that PvP is rubbish? It seems like you just walked into cyro once in a PvE build (or no build at all) got bursted by a good player and concluded that PvP is rubbish and that you dont even want to learn it.

PvP is the only thing worth spending time on in this game, everything else is boring (That is not less biased than what you said in your post).

But to be less cynic, everyone can play the part of the game they like best, but if you got no clue about PvP then please dont talk other players out of liking it.
    Edited by Jierdanit on October 5, 2020 11:52PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    I went to battlegrounds today after a long time and man they are horrible, lots of desync and all I saw was proc damage on my death recap
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Google:

Eso snipe health desync

to learn more.

[Edit for Bait.]

I watched 3 bundles of arrows sail together and nail me.

And the 7 simultaneous silver shards while I was looking dead at him? Just my cognitive skills right? And the rest of my team?

He was legit machine gunning people with silver shards we weren't imagining this, slow on the draw or lagging.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 6, 2020 2:22AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should take an informative screenshot or video if possible. Without that, there is not much anyone can offer.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens whenever there is a stealthed snipe spammer, lame yes, cheating not technically.