The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What defensive / offensive combos do you run?

Zeromaz
Zeromaz
✭✭✭✭
What do you find the most success with folks?

What defensive / offensive combos do you run? 43 votes

2 defensive sets
0%
2 offensive sets
51%
ZeromazMurderMostFoulIruil_ESOmarke1SaubonRhaegar75HexquisiteWeesacsWaffennachtSanctum74geonsocalpuupaablkjagJobooAGScolossalvoidsIngrollJinxxNDParamundoJayKwellenJman100582 22 votes
1 defensive 1 offensive
48%
lolo_01b16_ESOraasdalAriades_swefred4Swomp23Tigerboy78Jierdanitdanthemann5VanagrandFiktiusxshatoxBisDasBlutGefriertrogenep360erioImSoProGrimTheReaper45olduvaitaugrimMerforumIAmIcehouse 21 votes
  • Paramundo
    Paramundo
    2 offensive sets
    Except for Healer Alts i run 2 offensive sets. On stamina alts mostly spriggan, new moon, shieldbreaker or hundings. On magicka btb, spinners, alfiq, julianos. On both sometimes shacklebreaker (which i would count as something between offensive and defensive).
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    You'll probably find CP people often run 2 offensive sets unless they want to be particularly tanky. No CP tend to run 1 offense and... let's be honest... Eternal Vigor. It's just so well rounded.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 defensive 1 offensive
    It's not really as simple as that. For example I back bar Coward's Gear on my stam DK. Is that a defensive set? A sustain set? It's certainly more aggressive than double-barring Pariah for the sake of the argument. Wearing a sustain set facilitates investing into damage elsewhere, such as jewelry. You get 834 weapon damage from 3 infused pieces. That's more straight up damage than from any set. How would you classify a stamblade wearing Bone Pirate and running a drink, who dodge rolls for defense? Or a magsorc or magden running Alfiq and Necropotence? Are those damage sets? They also boost your shields.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 defensive 1 offensive
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    What do you find the most success with folks?
    Actually there is a simple answer: 1-hand and shield. IMO more important to your defense than any defensive set. Unless you're a stamblade, in which case: bow.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 defensive 1 offensive
    Huh?

On my current build i guess i run 2 offensive and 2 defensive, in your way of counting. Draugrkin + Kraagh + Eternal Vigor + Endurance.

But as someone else posted, looking at the two main 5pc sets really says very little. There are so many other choices, like Race, Mundus, Traits, Enchants that are just as - if not even more - impactful, than any 5pc sets.

But if i had to answer, i guess it would be 1 Def and 1 Off.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 offensive sets
    Actually, atm, all offensive in no CP BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of trippy with the word play ain’t it? I run two offensive 5-piece sets with mighty Chudan.

Also, the real poll question should be, what different offensive/defensive combos do you find to be successful, with 5-piece sets, mythic, monster sets. and weapon sets from places like asylum sanctorium, maelstrom arena, etc. being taken into account. not to mention which kind of environment like PvE or PvP.
    Edited by Skullstachio on September 30, 2020 10:45PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 offensive sets
    Sustain should have been an option too I think. As for me it just depends really.

On my stealth magblade I always run two offensive 5p sets. For monster sets I'll either run an offensive combo, or 1p offensive/1p defensive, sometimes even straight defensive just depending on how I'm doing that night and what I'm doing, ie solo, duo (if duo I'll sometimes change the set to better compensate or take advantage of whatever class my partner is on), running with guildies, etc.

On my non-stealth magblade it's one offensive, an offensive monster set (combo of two 1p sets with offensive bonuses technically since Im trash at PvE and can't get the set I really want) and heavy EV. Does the EV count as defensive because it's heavy, or is it just a sustain set with extra survivability? Probably both I suppose. I don't have greymoor yet, otherwise this would probably be even more convoluted than it already is.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 defensive 1 offensive
    Pariah/nma on my stamcro and orgnum/nma on my stam dk.

Only on my stamblade I run 2 offensive, spriggans and nma(yes I like nma lol) and Even if I run pretty hight health, I still tend to die too fast.
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 1, 2020 2:42AM
    XBox One - NA
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 defensive 1 offensive
    I dont group anymore in cyrodiil so I need to sustain and stay alive on my own. So normally I run 1 defensive, 1 offensive. I also pay attention to resource and try to get my main resource regen at least 1.5K fully buffed. Sometime when I am zerg surfing I change to all offensive, sustain still stay.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina - 2 offensive
    Mag warden - 2 offensive
    Magdk, magsorc, - 1 def, 1 offensive
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • puupaa
    puupaa
    ✭✭✭
    2 offensive sets
    Currently 3 offensive (Balorgh, Titanborn, Senche's Bite), 1 utility (Wild Hunt), 1 defensive(Trainee 1pc). Wouldn't call it successful, more of a high risk maybe some reward sometimes kind of setup.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 offensive sets
    Technically I run 3 Offensive sets on my main, with sword and board back bar, and sometimes Wild Hunt.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~