The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Even with current testing this is how 8/10 of my Cyro deaths look

Ringod123
Ringod123
✭✭✭
Finally got around to turning on instant replay in shadowplay so I could capture my issue with PvP, namely Cyro (I don't play IC or BG). Roughly 8/10 of my deaths in Cyro (normally to other players, but in this instance even NPC's!) have been caused by being instantly killed from 5 seconds or more of attacks (going off the abilities etc shown in the death recap) from a single player all hitting me at once, giving me no chance to react.

In this clip something very similar happens, except it's against NPC's and seems to be about 10 seconds worth of damage being held back and all hitting me instantaneously. Notice how I take 0 damage until the server decides i'm already dead. This was today on a half empty Gray Host with the current global AoE Cooldown test active.

https://streamable.com/8wwslv

Considering this is with one of the most drastic of the tests, on a server that was only about half full, surely the current test is already proving useless, this is the exact issue i've always had in Cyro and is still as bad as ever.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, a good point about enabling such a feature. Most of us have the ability to enable recording and grabbing the last few minutes of gameplay. It is beneficial when reporting something wrong with the game or a player possibly cheating.

As for the video. That does not look like all the attacks hit you at once but more like a health bar desync which is an issue that seems to be getter worse. I suggest it is a health bar desync because the health bar never changed until you died and that was too long of a time to be server lag delaying you seeing the incoming damage. Granted, I could be wrong.

I would suggest being proactive using that vigor. Do not use your health bar to decide when to use vigor, use it regularly as a precaution. At least until Zos fixes some of these serious issues with how Cyrodiil performs.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    You make a good point about the health bar desync possibility, not something I had thought of and definitely seems to fit. What I will say though is that I would have expected the "near death" screen a lot sooner than the instant before I died if the attacks were all coming in as expected but I suppose the near death screen could also be linked to the health bar.

I should have got around to enabling instant replay a lot sooner as this has been bugging me for months now but just incorrectly put it down to the server lag that affects skills etc, but with skills etc all working correctly during this test it had become quickly obvious it wasn't due to the servers performance.

Thanks for the reply.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    One flaw. You don't clear the caster at the top of the tower that will still CC you, allowing the gank an easier job.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same thing... aoes are not the issue... terrible chunk management are. My deaths are usually 5 snipes hitting simultaneously... all within 1.5 seconds...
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me that some of the AOE diameters are too large especially compared to the possible melee ranges.

I find it difficult to win.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This exact thing happened to me the other day, checking the new arena on the PTS, it was hilarious:

https://youtu.be/sGdzuFsE8IY

A similar case has been happening for a long time: for example, I'd be in a trial, the game would freeze, and then fast-forward with all the damage I'd gotten while it froze, so I'd either be very low hp, or dead. It looked like a combo of lag and desynch, a little different from the above clip, but really frustrating all the same.
    Edited by Jaimeh on September 27, 2020 10:19AM
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the mage guard on the tower at resources has been bugged for about 2 years where it can randomly rappid fire about 10 attacks in a timespan of 1s, that particular bug has nothing to do with the horrible delays and issues with damage catching up to the player instantly fragging them. Its just another fun bug to make pvp a little more frustrating
  • Mankeyyyyy
    Mankeyyyyy
    ✭✭
    I'm 100% certain that was nothing but a health desync.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but i glanced at the skils you use and i call it carma :D:D:D 17k health and double bow on a stamdk uff.
    Sure lags and health desyncs are bad but i would guess that around 2/10 of you deaths are unavoidable deaths caused by lag and health desyncs. 8/10 could probably be avoided if you would use a normal build.