Feedback BG's from level 1 to 50

ongbog
ongbog
Soul Shriven
came back to eso like 2-3 weeks ago. started new with a necro. pretty fun time all around. got rid of the annoying crafting bag that is missing, and even subbed for eso plus.

i played alot of bg's. it was always alot of fun, farming a set or 2 while leveling helped out a ton. good bg's, lots of fun.

now i turn 50. guess what i do? lets farm a set and try a bg....

whoever is responsible for this god damn piece of *** experience i just had, you should never ever work in the industry again.

my *gaming experience* turned from fun to , i wont sub for this *** anymore.

some highlingts:

- geting 1 shot, alot
- ending the game with 0-9-0

maybe put a big *** warning on the queue button you [snip]

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on September 28, 2020 12:28AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you went from a group of inexperienced players to very experienced players.

Unfortunately for you; you're gonna have to get pvp gear, monster sets, mythic items, proc sets and then gain enough skills to be competitive.

If you just wanna keep doing whaylt you did, you can always make a new character, PvP till 50 on it. Put the gear etc back to your main, delete the alt, and make another new character and do it all over again indefinitely
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you went from a group of inexperienced players to very experienced players.

Unfortunately for you; you're gonna have to get pvp gear, monster sets, mythic items, proc sets and then gain enough skills to be competitive.

If you just wanna keep doing whaylt you did, you can always make a new character, PvP till 50 on it. Put the gear etc back to your main, delete the alt, and make another new character and do it all over again indefinitely

If you do the latter, though, you'll end up being the guy 1-shotting the newer/less equipped players. But it is fun to level - an alternative is imperial city for levelling but zos didn't create an <50th lvl imperial city campaign so, unfortunately, you get destroyed by gold equipped full-set destroyers that mark you for an easy kill (in fairness there are others that walk by - but will happily dismember you if you're foolish enough to engage).

I'd endorse your first suggestion, though - that's awesome. :)

Alternatively, invest in great internet - the whole 'skill' thing is brought into sharp perspective once you realise that the guy with the better internet connection to the server at the point of contact usually wins. However, that part is pretty much random - sucks when you're slow but rather epic when the other guy(s) is/are. ;)
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    It is a lot more fun on leveling BGs I agree, the main reason is TTK. With this expansion one or two shot kill isn't the news.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ongbog wrote: »
    came back to eso like 2-3 weeks ago. started new with a necro. pretty fun time all around. got rid of the annoying crafting bag that is missing, and even subbed for eso plus.

i played alot of bg's. it was always alot of fun, farming a set or 2 while leveling helped out a ton. good bg's, lots of fun.

now i turn 50. guess what i do? lets farm a set and try a bg....

whoever is responsible for this god damn piece of *** experience i just had, you should never ever work in the industry again.

my *gaming experience* turned from fun to , i wont sub for this *** anymore.

some highlingts:

- geting 1 shot, alot
    - ending the game with 0-9-0

maybe put a big *** warning on the queue button you [snip]

[Edited for Censor Bypass]

Do you have 160cp and 160cp gear? If not, you'll in a world of hurt when you first step into BGs at lvl50.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 28, 2020 3:52PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    ongbog wrote: »
    *rant*

O boy! This really made my day! The build up of the story telling and then seeing the turn at level 50. I started cracking up laughing so hard thinking about how tragic it must be to hit 50 in the pvp setting of this game.

I steered clear of pvp until I was max CP. I didn't have a firm enough understanding of PVP/gear/game mechanics to be in there messing around. To which, I'm still learning so much about pvp to this day.

This change in environments is akin to dropping off a sheer cliff. When I made an alt char for pvp, I went into the 1-50 BG's and man was it cake! I don't think anyone in there even had on a full 5 piece set. No self healing from enemies. Incoming damage was negated by health recovery alone.

50+ BG's are absolute cancer builds everywhere. Root spamming, CC spamming, snare spamming, screen full of pets, procs on procs on procs, snipes, streaks, insane burst heals to full, shield spamming, reflect builds, the list goes on and on. For a new player, this has to be like going from learning to crawl and into a Nascar race.