The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Unable to move after breaking free from fear

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
For me this is the most frustrating part of PvP. The best ball groups on PC NA (Drac, Tyr, and soem others) do something where if you are anywhere near them you get feared. After breaking free, my character just stands there, unable to move , no abilities work, can't dodge roll, move forward/back etc does not work. Then the ball group catches up to you and kills you with their usual Colossus/prox/VD/perma etc dump.

I wonder if I am missing something: is this just broken or just the effect of the lag caused by these ball groups? Or are some fears meant to leave you standing for 5 seconds even if you break free?

Or is it a combination of CC's ?

It's very different from individual encounters when usually any cc can either be broken free or dodge rolled out of

I wonder if this is something I've missed about the game, or a "best kept secret". IMO if I immediately breakfree from a CC I ought to be able to immediately use abilities or move. It is frustrating to die simply because none of your controls work !
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been issues, for me at least, with the whole break free/stun immunity mechanic for several patches. Sometimes it works, sometimes no matter what I do I just get completely locked out for a few seconds. As for the ball group, they're notorious for causing lag on my sever. There once were 2 24-man ball groups that did nothing but spam wall of elements to purposely lag out other factions. Thankfully that bug was somewat fixed.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when eso launched in 4-4-2014 there was no CC's like what we see today and there was no "break free".
    combat was just skills and damage.
    it should have never been added to eso, it ruined the game, in my opinion. and it should be removed and go back to what we had at launch.
    none the less, it exists and we are forced to deal with it.
    what you described happens to us all and i can tell you this was not the case when they put "break free" into eso, infact it was instant and it worked really good "at that time", but with the increasing lagg and more and more complications like what we see in today's pvp and its lagg and the high ping it has resulted in a complete lock of our characters sometimes, well, i shouldn't say "sometimes" because it happens allot.
    Theignson wrote: »
    I ought to be able to immediately use abilities or move. It is frustrating to die simply because none of your controls work !

you are right, we ought to be able to immediately use abilities or move.
    but, untill they remove that "in my opinion stupid way of fighting and CC's and break free then we will remain with this constant irritation and frustration.

• fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would solidly say 80%+ of my deaths in pvp are due to me having been stunned/cced and my character is just standing there while I repeatedly press dodge roll or break free and nothing happens. It's pretty much the worst part of pvp and kills any semblance of being able to avoid damage by being skilled at movement.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs
    Ray
  • KylKad
    KylKad
    ✭✭
    Eso is so whacked rn and they aren't worried. Just saying considering the amount of bugs it has and most been here for years and all they do is continuously change gear, skills, classes, etc but one supposed performance package that really didn't do much besides minimize memory space on hd...at least for consoles. So many people are quitting cause it's ridiculous seeing how much people have paid over the years and very little done to improve the games performance or servers yet they find time and resources to continuously change our builds. But hey, I don't know very much about programming etc, but I do know a high percentage of gamers including very popular streamers are about done with paying for this. This is not intended as a bash on zos as I've been a fan of Bethesda games for a long long time, but this is getting out of hand. Just an example I've played free games, FREE, that performed way better. It's honestly sad to see an elder scrolls title fall this far outta touch with us consumers
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probaly the only thing that annoyes me in eso pvp. I'm constantly stunned and stuff and break free sometimes works, sometimes it does not. Dodge roll fails constantly. And there most certainly is no immunity to snares after breaking free. And most certainly immoveble potions do not always work. It is annoying, because it is constantly used on me and my available counters almost always fail.

Come to think of it, i think i mainly only die because i'm bending the knee and can't do anything about it.