The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

#TamrielTogether -- not so much

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Its very nice ZoS to celebrate this long (oh, so long) year with the ESO community. When I read about the #TamrielTogether, I was very eager to participate!
I quickly went to the form and started to fill it. Then, for my utterly surprise and dismay, Brazil was not in it!

By the way: no, we brazillians are not mexicans (lucky ones, they have their country in the form).

As far as I'm capable to understand, #TamrielTogether is a celebration of fraternity ONLY for players of Europe, North America and... that's it. No Central or South America, no Africa, not even Asia are allowed. And this is sad. Offensive, too.

I really hope I made a mistake. Perhaps it was a typo, or bug, in the form. Anyway I ask ZoS a very basic and simple thing: recognize that we exist. Brazillians, Japanese, Argentinians, Peruvians, Nigerians... There is A LOT of ESO players outside NA/EU bubble.

Please, at least include "Another Country" as an option at the form. This way we -- the forgotten players -- will have some opportunity to be invited to the party.

Not so much as V.I.P. guests but... what the hell.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    It has to do with laws and regulations in different regions. I live in Canada and not all of Canada is included, Quebec cannot enter. Quebec is not able to enter a lot of things because of their strict set of laws for these sort of contests. They're not just picking and choosing places. It's just that they can't include them for different reasons. No one has forgotten you. <3
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There have been other threads about this and other contests in the past. The general consensus is that the contest isn't allowed in the excluded countries due to local laws/rules/regulations surrounding such things, or else would be cumbersome to implement for those same reasons. There is very little chance that ZOS is intentionally excluding or slighting anyone.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on September 30, 2020 2:21AM
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless any legal issue, all this situation is a huge "not allowed" slogan placed at any ESO celebratory event excluding a very decent number of players.

Besides, ESO has around 6 years. SIX YEARS! And all this time ZoS was unable to find alternative ways to at least include non-EU/NA players avoiding the "laws/rules/regulations" hindrances -- not a single solution??

And what is that "legal" problem? The Sweepstakes? Real prizes sent to players' address or something like that? I don't want it.

I just want to participate somehow. That's it. Perhaps ZoS could give us some pet or any other virtual gift. IDK.

What really is bugging me is that, after six years, players are excluded from events supposedly created to celebrate ALL OF US!!

I'm accusing ZoS of nothing. I just want some basic respect and acknowledgment of the valor of many players from dozens of regions/countries in the World. We surely spent a lot of our money in this game too.
    Edited by Scaletho on September 30, 2020 7:46PM
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »

Besides, ESO has around 6 years. SIX YEARS! And all this time ZoS was unable to find alternative ways to at least include not EU/NA players avoiding the "laws/rules/regulations" hindrances -- not a single solution??

You're not being reasonable.

What solution do you think they can find to these types of contests simply not being allowed in a large number of countries? Send lobbyists to foreign countries to try to convince their governments to change their stances on internet contests?
  • Spartaness
    I was shocked to see Australia wasn't included when the rest of the Commonwealth has been.....makes me sad
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even all europe, half of it is excluded
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you represent each country as a person, we get a "unity celebration" where only 20 people from 190+ can participate. I think that there are more people playing eso, who are excluded from sweepstakes, then those who are included, it just that most do not follow the news and media.
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS can't skirt around international law, I'm afraid. Many countries disallow certain types of contests, and others don't allow sweepstakes at all. Instead of reaming ZoS, ask your lawmakers why your country can't be included. You may not get very far depending on your government, but you won't get far here, either.

It sucks, though. I definitely agree.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is upsetting...Sorry OP! :(
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought - there's three aspects to this "event".

- Post a cool story of togetherness/cooperation/etc on social media, possibly get in-game stuff if your comment is highlighted

- Sweepstakes: doesn't require the social media stuff, just filling out the form. Limited to certain countries.

- Guild contest

From the news article, it doesn't seem like anything but the Sweepstakes is limited by laws.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on September 30, 2020 2:15PM
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    There have been other threads about this and other contests in the past. The general consensus is that the contest isn't allowed in the excluded countries due to local laws/rules/regulations surrounding such things, or else would be cumbersome to implement for those same reasons. There is very little chance that ZOS is intentionally excluding or slighting anyone.

The problem is that whilst they aren't trying to be exclusive with malice aforethought (and yes I'm certain it's to do with international gambling/competition laws,) they *are* being exclusive. It means players outside of the NA/EU bubble feel like they don't matter, which makes an event designed to celebrate the lovely warm fuzzy community vibe seem a bit hollow.

I am no expert in these matters, but I would like to know what the form is for? Why did the event need to be designed this way? ZOS has all our account information already, why not just say, 'We're going to liberally sprinkle the community with some gifts to show our appreciation and we'd love it if you share your favourite ESO experiences with us in return?'

Why a sweepstake - a method where random people get the loot and random people don't? Just like WB during events.

Why does ZOS yet again make something that should feel fun/celebratory look very much like a data-grab/scratch card game? (Which it definitely is - the inclusion of extra entries via social media platforms shows this.)

If they needed a data-grab, why in all the hells attach it to this particular event? Why not have a seperate promotion, saying, 'Hey guys in the NA/EU, we would like to know more about you, would you mind filling in this form. Here is a torch bug for your efforts. Ta.' We're all over 18, treat us like adults, we don't need a sinister trail of sweets to the Gingerbread Cottage, thanks.

So, I'm not going to take part in the sweepstake.

I'm disappointed an event which could have brought the whole community together, no matter what part of the world you are in, does exactly the opposite. Togetherness is a rarified and precious commodity at the moment.
    Edited by Magenpie on September 30, 2020 4:58PM
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magenpie wrote: »
    The problem is that whilst they aren't trying to be exclusive with malice aforethought (and yes I'm certain it's to do with international gambling/competition laws,) they *are* being exclusive. It means players outside of the NA/EU bubble feel like they don't matter, which makes an event designed to celebrate the lovely warm fuzzy community vibe seem a bit hollow.

As Kiralyn2000 pointed out above there are multiple aspects to the event and the only part that some international players are excluded from is the sweepstakes.

I was going to write an analogy about how petty it would be to complain about someone hosting a party (ZOS) because your parents (government) won't let you go. Like should nobody get to enjoy the party because your parents don't like fun?

But that analogy doesn't work. The fact of the matter is that you do get to go to the party. You just don't get a goody bag at the end. So the complaints are actually significantly more petty than they would be in the first analogy. 🤷‍♂️
    Edited by Mindcr0w on September 30, 2020 5:18PM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same every year! 90% of the countries are excluded. While national regulations are not ZoS's fault, I blame them for repeating this every year. Excluded players are not so happy when they don't have a chance at these rewards, you know.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a simple matter of local laws. As soon as you have a contest or a giveaway where ppl can get prices laws apply to that. Some countries have simple laws for this, some complicted, some dont allow it in the first place. Its impossible to make a contest that suits all the different laws. Its also not important if you want certain prices or not, the law applies to the case that there is a price, it doesnt matter if you win it or not to apply. As a company ZOS cannot simply ignore them because they potentially would be heavily fined for that. So they go the way all companies go, they simply exclude countries with to complicated laws and such that forbid it.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As Kiralyn2000 pointed out above there are multiple aspects to the event and the only part that some international players are excluded from is the sweepstakes.

I was going to write an analogy about how petty it would be to complain about someone hosting a party (ZOS) because your parents (government) won't let you go. Like should nobody get to enjoy the party because your parents don't like fun?

But that analogy doesn't work. The fact of the matter is that you do get to go to the party. You just don't get a goody bag at the end. So the complaints are actually significantly more petty than they would be in the first analogy. 🤷‍♂️

Or to extend the analogy, like insisting that the party end at midnight because you have a curfew even though no one else does.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every year, some of the very same people who complain about loot boxes/"gambling" and insist that their countries have superior laws because they ban them, also complain that they can't participate in sweepstakes when other countries can.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And my point was that they didn't need to design a 'Celebrate the Community' event to be this way. I'm aware international gambling/competition laws are the issue, and I realise it's an issue mmos have to contend with if they want to offer prizes to their players but with this particular competition, it seems directly counterproductive to the spirit of the event. They could have a sweepstake competition any time they like, why attach it to this?

And as I said, if they wanted a data grab, they could have just asked.
    Edited by Magenpie on September 30, 2020 5:38PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darn. Sorry buddy.

I will “hue hue hue hue” while riding on my mount, in your honor.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And my point was that they didn't need to design a 'Celebrate the Community' event to be this way. I'm aware international gambling/competition laws are the issue, and I realise it's an issue mmos have to contend with if they want to offer prizes to their players but with this particular competition, it seems directly counterproductive to the spirit of the event. They could have a sweepstake competition any time they like, why attach it to this?

And you're missing the point that there are other aspects to the event than just the sweepstakes. You can still participate in those.

The bottom line is, since your country doesn't allow sweepstakes, you don't want anyone else to be able to get prizes, either.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

And you're missing the point that there are other aspects to the event than just the sweepstakes. You can still participate in those.

The bottom line is, since your country doesn't allow sweepstakes, you don't want anyone else to be able to get prizes, either.

I'm not saying that at all! I'm saying I get that with 'sweepstake' competitions, yes, those laws apply and it's something (unfortunately) that mmos have to deal with. But with an event specifically meant to be about 'community', attaching the prizes (we all like prizes, right?) to a system which bumps up against international gambling/gaming laws seems bizarre and careless to a large proportion of the 'community' they are trying to appeal to.

You are seeing outrage where there isn't any. I'm not saying those kinds of competitions shouldn't happen, just not with this event. No one is trying to take away your precious things, don't worry.

And by the way, I'm in a zone included in the sweepstake, and I'm glad you also feel so community-minded that you care whether your fellow players feel included in your game. Nice.
    Edited by Magenpie on September 30, 2020 7:28PM
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a heartwarming community...

[snip]

I've never been more alone in an mmo

[Picture removed for Naming and Shaming]
    Edited by Psiion on September 30, 2020 7:16PM
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    TamrielTogheter only includes the countries where their bigger whales are.
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do sweepstakes or social media. So *shrug*....
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorpan wrote: »
    It has to do with laws and regulations in different regions. I live in Canada and not all of Canada is included, Quebec cannot enter. Quebec is not able to enter a lot of things because of their strict set of laws for these sort of contests. They're not just picking and choosing places. It's just that they can't include them for different reasons. No one has forgotten you. <3

For anyone who missed (or conveniently ignored) this post ... please re-read it again.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should give every player who lives in those excluded Countries a couple of free crowns or crown crates as compensation.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should give every player who lives in those excluded Countries a couple of free crowns or crown crates as compensation.

Then those whose countries are able to enter, but do not win a prize, get nothing. And then, and then, and then.... It'll just go on and on because you can't make everyone happy.

If where you live is not included, find out why. Talk to your politicians. Demand a change. ZOS cannot change your laws. You can.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disrespect is 80% perception. Bitter angry people feel disrespected all the time. Happy content people seldom feel disrespected.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Compensation.....for living in a country with anti international contest laws?

:/
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!