Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Increase Heartwood, Mundane Runes and other Furnishing mats Drop Rates

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I find the drop rate on these items to be incredibly low, especially heartwood. Housing is important to a lot players, and houses need furnishings. It is very frustrating to farm for several days to craft one piece of furniture, or pay outrageous prices to purchase them.

I'm not asking that every node drop these items, but increasing the drop rate by 10% would not be unreasonable. You could also make these items lootable from writ surveys.

Please consider these options.
PCNA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on allowing them to drop from surveys, been asking for that for years now.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I love furnishings and housing but the rarity of crafting items puts me off so bad. If the recipes weren't expensive enough, making it is also.just a hassle
    PSN GT : Divzor
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should drop from surveys. Surveys don't just drop randomly from all loot tables, you have to do some work to get them. It's never made sense to me that they don't drop from surveys. That would allow people who don't make a ton of gold and can't compete with speed farmers to do something themselves in order to get their hands on furnishing mats. It would certainly make furnishing houses a lot more fun to not have to put projects on hold while you laboriously farm leftover resource nodes during off hours to gather just enough for one more fence segment, etc. At the current rate it's going to take me a couple of years to build my Stillwater home and that's not fun.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Surveys I don’t mind but not not a fan of an increase in regular node drops , enchanting nodes are the one thing bots ignore and therefore are a good source of income for people(me) who have time to farm them 😊
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally anything would be an improvement.

Furnishing crafting writs?

Surveys for furnishing mats?

Better drop rates in nodes?

Something. Please.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either that or reduce the amount needed for crafting. I spend hours gathering then blow them all in like two minutes flat. It's frustrating.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmering sand is another issue. You have to do a daily in Northern Elsweyr to get it. And if you are very lucky you may get one from deconstructing Anequina equipment.

Why can't this also drop from World Bosses, or Delve Bosses, or Dragons, too? Even a low drop rate is better than none.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shimmering sand is another issue. You have to do a daily in Northern Elsweyr to get it. And if you are very lucky you may get one from deconstructing Anequina equipment.

Why can't this also drop from World Bosses, or Delve Bosses, or Dragons, too? Even a low drop rate is better than none.

I wish you could get all unique area style mats from farming nodes like you get Viridian from Vvardenfell.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Pinoh
    Pinoh
    ✭✭✭
    It really all goes back to the events from last fall. The prices never really went back down. And recently they have gone back up to the previous highs. I presume it's flippers planning on an event that requires a massive number of materials.

Last years event was a badly designed event, with apparently no thought put into how it would effect the economy. ZOS should be doing something to resolve the issue. Whether its increasing drop rates. Or adding furnishing materials to surveys. Was just absurd to require a dozen items instead of one or two of the items for those event writs. I sure hope this years events fix the problem.

But fundamentally, rare collectibles shouldn't be placed into recipes at commodity level quantities. Flawed design, plain and simple.
    come visit my slide at my enchanted snow globe
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either that or reduce the amount needed for crafting. I spend hours gathering then blow them all in like two minutes flat. It's frustrating.

Yeah, holding off on making any furnishings so I have what I think is a fat stack of heartwood, only for it to be gone after making like four things is a bummer.
    And I’m still annoyed after the heartwoodpocalypse last year. I reaaalllly hope this year they remember that events are supposed to be fun and full of nifty goodies for us, not a complete drain on our mats.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As expensive as Mundane Runes are now on PC NA (450-500g each), they're like the only reason I ever harvest runes period. It's nice to have some reason to do that, especially if the price hovers back down to a reasonable 250-300g
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind a higher drop rate.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we are in the middle of an event that will earn us all a pretty good sized house, it is even more important to have a good source of mats for crafting furnishings. I know the houses are designed around displaying antiquities, but will still need other furnishings to fill them out.
    PCNA