Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dust Refining and Grains

mythlover20
mythlover20
✭✭✭
So, I have to ask, did ZOS change the drop rates for Iridium, Zircon, and Chromium grains while refining?

Since Greymoor dropped I have not refined anything other than Terne grains. Addons on, addons off, bulk refinement or single refinement, doesn't matter. It's terne grains, and nothing else.

At first I just thought it was rng. It happens sometimes. But it does not happen consistently weeks on end. My Iridium grains have sat at 7 for weeks. Zircon has sat at 4, and Chromium... well I'm a master crafter so I get Chromium from the daily writ reward boxes so it isn't a problem, but everything else is.

I also know I am not the only person this is happening to. Other dedicated farmers in my guilds are having the same problem: terne and nothing else. I have even seen this issue posted here on the forums before, but no one actually answered the question.

So, did ZOS change it? If not, why is this happening? I shouldn't be refining a thousand dust and getting exactly twenty-four terne grains and a small random assortment of worthless trait stones.
"In the darkness all is the same, all is equal. It is the light which casts the shadow, and turns to evil that which simply was." - Me.

mythlover20/The Plant Baron

Officer in Blood Moon Traders trade guild.

Blood Moon Traders is a laid back, werewolf-themed Trade Guild with a stable trader in Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert. We have weekly raffles and auctions, as well as a variety of events throughout the week, and a monthly Yard Sale. Join us and you'll have access to a fully-stocked Guild Hall, a Discord Server, and a website. In return all we ask for is active participation in our events or making 25k gold in sales each week. Search for Blood Moon Traders in the Guild Finder or message me in-game for an invite.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you take your points out of the passive that increases the drop rate?

I refined over 46,000 dust a few weeks back, and the drop rates were exactly as expected

1.5% for Terne
    1.25% for Iridium
    0.75% for Zircon
    0.5% for Chromium
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • mythlover20
    mythlover20
    ✭✭✭

Well, I feel like an idiot.

For the record I haven't actually gone and changed my own skill points for about nine months. I should have, but I haven't. None of my other skills on my master crafter changed when Greymoor dropped so I thought the change was limited to vampires and werewolves. Yet for some reason Lapidary Extraction has no points and Lapidary Research does, which I know I didn't do because I finished research on that character over a year ago.

Anyway, thank you for the pointer. I have no idea why I didn't think of checking my points, but I didn't.

I'm going to have to go farm a lot of dust before I can double check and make sure this was the problem, but even if it wasn't, thank you for reply, @tmbrinks . I appreciate it.
    "In the darkness all is the same, all is equal. It is the light which casts the shadow, and turns to evil that which simply was." - Me.

mythlover20/The Plant Baron

Officer in Blood Moon Traders trade guild.

Blood Moon Traders is a laid back, werewolf-themed Trade Guild with a stable trader in Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert. We have weekly raffles and auctions, as well as a variety of events throughout the week, and a monthly Yard Sale. Join us and you'll have access to a fully-stocked Guild Hall, a Discord Server, and a website. In return all we ask for is active participation in our events or making 25k gold in sales each week. Search for Blood Moon Traders in the Guild Finder or message me in-game for an invite.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi.
    Edited by volkeswagon on September 30, 2020 11:32PM