Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The new arena seems way too long

ForzaRammer
ForzaRammer
✭✭✭✭✭
It will take almost twice as much time as vma to finish. Come on zos.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the new arena is more accommodating of different builds and play styles.

If it's another series of glorified DPS races that just kill you if you're not offensive enough I doubt it's going to be any more popular than VMA was. Because that was my biggest beef with the place. It wasn't the length - it was how it pigeonholed my character and forced me to adopt a play style I did not enjoy.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 30, 2020 3:21PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First impressions, the weapons look.... interesting. They seem like a mish mash of skills and tethers and stacks. Though the Perfected Wrath of Elements stands out as a potential alternative to the VMA Inferno
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do VMA with no problem with suboptimal builds. Just do mechanics. It's well known that due to power creep VMA has become a DPS race for competitive purposes, but the truth is that not all stages are centered around DPS race. Also each stage have a ton of sigils with hack-level buffs.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want gear and i want it now! Waah wah
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I just hope the new arena is more accommodating of different builds and play styles.

If it's another series of glorified DPS races that just kill you if you're not offensive enough I doubt it's going to be any more popular than VMA was. Because that was my biggest beef with the place. It wasn't the length - it was how it pigeonholed my character and forced me to adopt a play style I did not enjoy.

People have beaten vMA naked, you can literally beat in on any build. Hybrids, werewolves, it's even been beaten on builds without skills on their skill bars.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People are already getting the speed run on PTS. When vMA came out I'm pretty sure it was taking an hour to an hour and a half.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

People are already getting the speed run on PTS. When vMA came out I'm pretty sure it was taking an hour to an hour and a half.

Yes it was and it appears VMA was much more difficult at release
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because it's a solo arena, why compare it to maelstrom arena? It's not at all. It's an entirely different place and experience to go through. It's a good thing imho and would be quite boring if we had 2 maelstrom arenas. I think that is the point.

Plot twist: there will be a 3rd solo arena eventually.
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

To be fair, I managed to complete vMA with my DK tank with S&B. So it's certainly not a dps race.

Enjoyable, though? I agree with you. It is not.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Why are people so quick to complain about how things take so long?

Answer: So they can be quick to complain about the lack of things to do.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing 5 years old arena to the arena that isn't even yet on live server... What can go wrong.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Comparing 5 years old arena to the arena that isn't even yet on live server... What can go wrong.

A left shoe worn on the right foot!
    \(0w0)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't participate in this particular aspect and allow those of us who are tired of developers using the excuse of "streamlining" to provide us with less content even though they are charging the same price.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

Yes it was and it appears VMA was much more difficult at release

Hmm good point