The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thief Vampire?

Carthelion
Carthelion
✭✭✭
Hi, I'm looking to start a stamina NB purely to relax on, main activities being thieves guild/Dark Brotherhood. Then pretty much stealthing/stealing/pickpocketing.

I won't be grouping at all, but will be in Overland dungeons and delves.

I'd love to make use of mist form and a few of the handy vampire passives. My question: Will I be able to make use of the passives (Dark Stalker/Strike from the Shadows/Unnatural Movement) staying in stage 1 vamp and will it be effective being stamina focused?

Thankyou
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Dark Stalker is always active as a vampire, so the main stealth benefits are there at Stage 1.

-Strike from the Shadows is only available at Stage 2.

-Undeath is only available at Stage 3.

-Unnatural Movement is only available at Stage 4.

Personally, if stealth is your main focus and combat is not a focus, I think going after Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild on a Stage 4 vampire would be great fun. Particularly on those, "now escape asap before some guy with a lamp turns up", quests. In overland content, most enemy adds etc will be dead long before your sustain becomes an issue. Otherwise just enjoy Stage 1.

You asked about stamina focus. Well both magica and stamina nightblades are great fun. Frustratingly stamina is the main resource for sneaking, but magica is the main resource for your Shadowy Disguise skill. I have a stamina based nb that I have completed Dark Brotherhood with, and lots of Thieves guild. It works, you sneak for most stuff, so stamina comes in handy, then when you need it you go invisible for the short durations to get past something or away from something etc... high mag regen helps! As does mag regen food/potions. That said, I have played on a magica nb and being able to be invisible basically forever with high mag pool and regen, is great fun... then again, if you sprint at a vampire Stage 4, you get that also, kinda, but it drains you stam... ooh decisions decisions.

:)

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Grianasteri on September 30, 2020 11:18AM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep my stamblade at stage 2. Unnatural movement doesn't seem worth it when I can cloak and already have decent stealth radius.

Whatever stage you go with, enjoy your new nightblade, it's a fun class to play on.
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies so far, it seems a catch 22, the most fun abilities for stealthy gameplay use magicka but stealth itself is better suited for Stamina and Medium armour. I guess the route to take is a high overall stamina. But try and gear for as much magicka regen as possible?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carthelion wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies so far, it seems a catch 22, the most fun abilities for stealthy gameplay use magicka but stealth itself is better suited for Stamina and Medium armour. I guess the route to take is a high overall stamina. But try and gear for as much magicka regen as possible?

You can use the Darloc Brae set for sustain:

(4 Items) Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10%.
    (5 Items) While crouching and not blocking, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 716 Health every second.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Search "Inkling's ESO Sanguine's Grace Build" on Google. I've been using this build on my nightblade since it was made available, and I love every. single. second. of it :)
    Edited by Pinesy on September 30, 2020 1:39PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a Thief vampire is the kind that sneaks up and makes off with your blood and you never notice it!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.