The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

small immersive details I'd love to see

craybest
craybest
✭✭✭✭✭
I know many won't care about stuff like this, since they play mostly to get sweet loot and do high damage and see high numbers on screen.
But I know there are many of us who enjoy the world of ESO and how beautiful it all is. Just travelling around is already a reward seeing the specatular sights we have.
That being said, I've always felt there are so many small things that could help a lot with immersion and make our characters, NPCs, and the world, deeper and more immersive.
For example, wind! seeing the trees and plants moving. I know there are already some very subtle animations for many things, including some trees and grass, but I mean MORE wind!
like in some areas of the witcher 3 it can be really strong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSS5oxKjUA&ab_channel=John2K7
imagine skyrim with wind like this, it would make everything feel less... static! the wind could also interact with our hair and clothes, like in FFXIV
also being able to climb over small rocks/fences/mounts/logs. jumping over everything looks too mechanical at times, just adding that simple feature adds some variety.
speaking of jumps, we could also have more variety, what about jumping from really high? we could have a different animation, like in the Assassin's creed games. same for jumping into water, many games change the jump animation in those cases too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEX1pEpZ4M&ab_channel=ENXGMA
Speaking of water, what about actual ocean waves? we can hear them but the ocean is calm as a teacup. Also,I'd love to see our characters getting wet, after we jump in the water or when it's raining. Imagine putting on a cloak when it's raining and windy and riding your mount, with a very dramatic effect of the storm roarint around you!
and speaking of water again, one thing I loved about BDO is seeing random puddles around the world, in the road, mud, it also breaks a bit the monotony of the setting.
some things have been improving, like city design. in the vanilla zones, many of them were pretty lackluster having like 2 types of houses repeating over and over, and now we have some more variety in them, in roads, streets, everything that makes a city seem more alive.
These are some of the things I'd love to see myself, what are some of those you'd ike to see? (for those who care about stuff like this, of course)
Edited by craybest on September 30, 2020 4:16PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @craybest Such effects and dynamic weather sound beautiful, but I imagine are not possible in an MMO. I believe all the games you sited are single player, no? I do totally agree with you on loving immersion and the beauty of the game world! Many delves (and several of the dungeons) with their dense, sometimes bioluminescent flora, and with the rare rays of sunlight coming through are just gorgeous! I also have a particular fondness for Northern Elsweyr, both for its design and perhaps because the relative aridity and rockiness works to the strengths of what can be rendered in an MMO (as versus a forest with dense undergrowth, which would be lush, but probably crash everything).
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @craybest Such effects and dynamic weather sound beautiful, but I imagine are not possible in an MMO. I believe all the games you sited are single player, no? I do totally agree with you on loving immersion and the beauty of the game world! Many delves (and several of the dungeons) with their dense, sometimes bioluminescent flora, and with the rare rays of sunlight coming through are just gorgeous! I also have a particular fondness for Northern Elsweyr, both for its design and perhaps because the relative aridity and rockiness works to the strengths of what can be rendered in an MMO (as versus a forest with dense undergrowth, which would be lush, but probably crash everything).

well all things I've mentioned are indeed in other MMOs, like the windy trees can be seen in FFXIV and sometimes in BDO (the few times I've seen a storm. I agree that from the things I listed that one is the one that that could be trickier to do, but all the rest, like special jump animations, wet effects, climbing over small obstacles shoudn't be hard to do in a MMO (and it is done in many)
    and I absolutely agree with the world being beautiful! I think DLC zones have been getting better in general (I was a bit disappointed iwth Skyrim though, it looks a bit too empty and static IMO. :)
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My minor things are in the random encounters. Like if you save the trader from the bandits, the trader becomes a real trader for you or when you save stupid mage summoner, he gives you 10 gold or a short speed buff.
    Edited by Mik195 on September 30, 2020 4:08PM
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    My minor things are in 4he random encounters. Like if you save the trader from the bandits, the trader becomes a real trader for you or when you save stupid mage summoner, he gives you 10 gold or a short speed buff.

I'd love to see things like that too. small rewards for doing small things around the map.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love these details as well, but unfortunately don't think its possible. Or I fear it wouldn't be done at a level that would compliment the game, and instead just look choppy or clunky, and more people would complain rather than appreciate it.

If only we could have capes... then wind would be the icing on the cake. Obligatory reminder to keep everyone's fire burning: capes were in original promo media. We were made to expect capes, and capes were not delivered. Sad days in the kingdom, sad days......