Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Bahraha's Curse be altered/changed ? My suggestion below

kayoh323
kayoh323
Soul Shriven
search?view=detailV2&ccid=MuwqVH1T&id=3C14EA90E7533DFB0E1EBBD7320935720B18BEA5&thid=OIP.MuwqVH1TXWp4BR7c9FB1yQAAAA&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2ffextralife.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f09%2fbahrahas_curse_eso.png&exph=545&expw=400&q=bahraha%27s+curse+eso&simid=608032408614863047&ck=13A442ECA7E244581C1D413920100937&selectedIndex=2&FORM=IRPRST.

I believe that the four-item bonus does not exactly prove to be useful in any circumstance to which the set entails, i.e Tanking in pvp/pve - Where exactly are we to encounter any environmental traps in the world of ESO? I suggest that the four-item bonus should be altered to a dual-recovery buff ( stam and mag ). Furthermore, the mechanics of the five-item bonus should be changed in a way which correlates with the appearance of that same aoe - Desecrated Ground- when we fight liches. We witness this aoe while fighting them throughout tamriel. the way it works with these enemies is that it spawns according to where you stand, not on damage dealt. Once one aoe is in place, it usually lasts for eight seconds ( which is three seconds longer than the duration of Bahraha's curse ) but in the final three seconds another aoe spawns the same way. This may seem OP if this is how Bahraha's Curse were to function, but the damage as it is is already rather miniscule but, regardless, I would suggest bringing the damage down by 15%.

Here's an idea of how the five item bonus would look:

*Note* the aoe is approximately 3.5 meters in size

(5 items) While in combat, create desecrated ground beneath an enemy within 15 meters of you for 8 seconds, which reduces the movement speed of enemies by 60%, damaging them for ( in this case; and it can be increased via champion points ) 731 Magic damage , healing you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Should Bahraha's Curse be altered/changed ? My suggestion below 14 votes

Yes, change it as suggested
7%
kayoh323 1 vote
No, leave as is
71%
idkWolfchild07Taleof2Citiesredspecter23Malborn66Girl_Number8tsaescishoeshineroregonroblozqNova_J 10 votes
Yes, but in another way
21%
TankHealz2015Scion_of_YggdrasilAtherakhia 3 votes
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave as is
    You might have a good point if the 4-piece environmental traps bonus was on its own, @kayoh323.

But, you still get a max stamina bonus with the 4-piece too ... which can be used in all types of content regardless of the rest of the build.
  • lozq
    lozq
    ✭✭✭
    No, leave as is
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 25% chance to create desecrated ground for 5 seconds, which reduces the Movement Speed of enemies within 3.5 meters by 60%, damages them for 960 Magic Damage every 1 second, and heals you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

VS.

(5 items) While in combat, create desecrated ground beneath an enemy within 15 meters of you for 8 seconds, which reduces the movement speed of enemies by 60%, damaging them for ( in this case; and it can be increased via champion points ) 731 Magic damage , healing you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

So basically nerf the damage by ~15% and make it spawn on a random nearby mob rather than the one you're actively whacking? While it might make it more similar to what liches cast (can't say I've ever noticed tbh) I don't really think it would improve the set.

Also while some people do use Bahraha's for tanking, I don't think you can really call it a tanking set. It's a generalist set - comes in all armour weights, does a bit of everything. The 4 piece bonus is just a bit of RP flavour because it's a Thieves' Guild set, ditto Syvarra's scales with 'Reduce your damage taken from Guards by 40%'. While stuff like that's not really all that useful in practice, it's nice to have a bit of diversity instead of just another combination of max stat/damage/crit.
    Quinnine | Tankblade | PC NA
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this set really worth using to tank anyways? I just use it to stall mobs when I want to run past them.
  • lozq
    lozq
    ✭✭✭
    No, leave as is
    Is this set really worth using to tank anyways? I just use it to stall mobs when I want to run past them.

I used it when I first started tanking. Cheap to buy and the heal is a nice safety net.
    Quinnine | Tankblade | PC NA
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave as is
    You already get a stam buff in company of the trap resist on the tier 4 perk. The only thing this set needs is its drop rates fixed. Its damn near impossible to get full heavy set of this stuff lol.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this set laying around from years ago, it always looked interesting. The only time I tried it was on a themed magblade vampire character.

It worked, kind of. I switched it out cos of course the dps from the set is negligible.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but in another way
    This is one of my guilty pleasure sets, and I really do hope it gets a "buff," especially since other sets are guaranteed a proc, instead of relying on a percent chance. Its kinda silly to me that their reasoning for removing % chance procs is because of overloading the server with calculations, yet this one remained as a % chance.... anywhoozies.

I wouldn't want to remove the control of us dealing dmg to proc the set though. My suggestion would be to, yes please, allow up to 2 aoes again, but instead be proc-ed by a heavy attack. I would have it read:

(5 items) When you deal damage with a heavy attack, you create desecrated ground for 8 seconds, which reduces the Movement Speed of enemies within 3.5 meters by 60%, damages them for 960 Magic Damage every 1 second, and heals you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

I have to agree about the environmental traps bonus being pretty useless. I would rather it add both magicka and stamina recover, and remove max health to replace with max stamina.