Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Something Doesn't Look right with the Antiquities Contest

harby46
harby46
✭✭
Something smells bad with the Antiquities Contest for the house. Day 1 we got 11%, day 2 14% increase, day 3 13%, day 4 15%, day 5 another 15%, Monday we increased only 7%. What happened? We were averaging 13.6% a day and Monday only half the players played or we only got only half the antiquities? My Guild: Aetherius-Oblivion Alliance is for those over 40 and is not a large Guild with 112 members, however most are upset with Mondays number and one even wrote me: "I hate to tell you this but it looks like ESO is pulling a fast one it is only 75% as of today; from an average of 13% per day to 7% no way that is right. If they renege on the house I will call it quits right there. I cannot abide a cheat, especially when it is the hosting company. If ESO does this, they will surely regret it." I'm hearing this from a lot of others in the 2 other guilds I'm a member of. What gives here??? For numbers like this on a Monday something must be wrong what do you think?
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, why so serious? :D It's just fun marketing contest with fake numbers. We will have 100% couple days before end of event because there must be clear information "buy Greymoor st sale now, it's with guaranteed house bonus!" So don't worry and just keep digging if you really like it :)
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just fun marketing contest with fake numbers.
    agree.gif

Every single one of these contests has been like that, those numbers are made up by the marketing team and do not reflect actual participation.
    shades.gif
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ve been telling this since day one to those **** who work themselves to exhaustion scrying and digging but they won't budge. For one last time: can you imagine zos saying: sorry lads, you were too lazy, no alpine gallery for you. Instead, you can buy it for 15k crowns. ?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, why so serious? :D It's just fun marketing contest with fake numbers. We will have 100% couple days before end of event because there must be clear information "buy Greymoor st sale now, it's with guaranteed house bonus!" So don't worry and just keep digging if you really like it :)

Agreed, and a good thing they do that too! Last time I participated in a GW2 event (which was admittedly a long time ago and they may do things differently now), they updated with the actual progress and when the goal was reached quite early, what do you think people did? That’s right, they bemoaned that there was no further rewards to earn, why should they continue participating or playing or living, etc. and so forth.