The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New antiquities quest?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
So how do I get the new group quest going? None of my characters can get it started. I get sent to the Crown Store and can find NOTHING!
I know nutting....
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get started on antiquities you need to go to the Antiquities circle in Solitude, western skyrim (right next to the bards college) and speak to Verita Numeda she will give you the tutorial quest.

Once you have your antiquities skill line open just by following the info i just gave you above, you can start scrying and enjoying the extra antiquities xp we get from just scrying/excavating during this event which runs till the 5th of october.

I hope this helps...You dont need any quest from the crown store.

This is a community event but you dont need to do the antiquities in a group everyones individual efforts are counted and go towards the overall % if that makes sense. If we all contribute and we get to 100% then we get the rewards...free house and pet etc.

Edited by wishlist14 on September 26, 2020 8:49AM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm already enrolled in the antiquities...thanks.

Seems "they" might have mentioned this fact?

* I still suspect that there is an issue though...usually if you get sent to the Crown Store there is a way to start one of these....???
    Edited by erliesc on September 27, 2020 5:42PM
    I know nutting....
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh i talked to lyris titanborne in the fighters guild ...thats how i did the plologue quest i think ...good luck hope it all works out for you.
    Edited by wishlist14 on September 28, 2020 9:06PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is the issue here? If you've already started antiquities and have the scrying and excavation skill lines that's literally all there is to it. You scry the leads, then dig them up. For the event boxes you get them from daily quests in solitude, or by doing harrowstorms, killing world bosses, etc. Thought the event article was pretty straightforward.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    I'm already enrolled in the antiquities...thanks.

Seems "they" might have mentioned this fact?

* I still suspect that there is an issue though...usually if you get sent to the Crown Store there is a way to start one of these....???

There is no special starter quest for the event. Just dig up antiquities and do Western Skyrim daily quests for loot boxes. That's all.

They send you to the crown store so that you can search the store looking for a quest starter that isn't there, while incidentally looking at all the things that are on sale there. Sneaky, eh?
    PC EU
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh the reason they send you to the crown store is cos you can buy event tickets during the event if you heed extra tickets or if you dont want to participate in the event but want to purchase event items.....
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Just for your info, I only bought Greymoor this week following the price cut.

Since the year started I have been finding Leads from time to time in all sorts of places.
    So when I bought it I had a large repetoire of leads to work from.

One or 2 merchants sell you a lead, doing treasure chests both from maps and overland in general can hold them.
    I even found one sitting in the Kings room in the Blue Palace!

If you wander widely enough they will just turn up...
    ----
    Malborn
    PC-EU