The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wait we can gift houses now? But what houses?

ZamanShah
ZamanShah
✭✭
I was just reading the new patch notes.
It says houses can now be gifted with crowns.
Thats great!
So now I want to know when will this take effect? Im assuming update 28 will be released with the nxt dlc?

Also, why in the world of tamerial are there houses not currently able to be purchased?

I mean?? Im confused. I heard some house havent been made available for years. Wait what??

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.Yes, the Update 28 will be the base game update released with the Markarth DLC. As long as nothing changes from between now and then, such as a crippling bug with house gifting, this feature will presumably launch with the update.

2. There are limited time houses currently not available much like there are limited time costumes, crown crates, mounts, and other cosmetics currently not available. It creates an artificial scarcity for a digital good that helps drive sales when those items enter, leave, and reenter the Crown Store.

Its a marketing technique with multiple purposes. First, if you really want, say, Linchal Manor, you'll be more inclined to make an expensive impulse buy when it does come back into the store after a long absence or right before it leaves since you don't want to wait an unknown time. Second, it lets ZOS set the timetable of when they want to pull in large amounts of crowns from players, such as right before a sale or before a new crown crate season. If ZOS left all homes in the store, players would be more in control and more often wait for a sale to make their big purchases, effectively discounting some items. Third, it keeps those items "rare", which however silly that may seem, does matter to a certain segment of the players who buy them.

There's somewhat of a workaround. You can try to contact Support to buy homes not currently in the Store, but whether or not that works seems to be up to the Support Rep.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Microsoft will allow homes to be earned in-game along with other Crown Crate items. I feel like I should just not purchase any Crown items until I see what Microsoft does. Really curious.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    I wonder if Microsoft will allow homes to be earned in-game along with other Crown Crate items. I feel like I should just not purchase any Crown items until I see what Microsoft does. Really curious.

Are there houses in the Crown Crate rewards now? Most are bought through the Crown Store instead, and I don't believe Microsoft requires thing sold in the store to be available in game, just the loot boxes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »

I wouldn't expect any changes anytime soon with the Microsoft deal, @Langdon64.

Remember, it's not supposed to be fully completed until next year.

Even after that, we don't know how much leverage the new parent company will have on individual day-to-day items in ESO (if any).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2020 1:32PM
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I just have to find a generous whale to gift me the Wrothgar house (not the Pinnacle). :D
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I just have to find a generous whale to gift me the Wrothgar house (not the Pinnacle). :D

Or you can buy it from them by trading gold like any other crown store item.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's somewhat of a workaround. You can try to contact Support to buy homes not currently in the Store, but whether or not that works seems to be up to the Support Rep.

The only thing about contacting them for an out of store home purchase is that any house will be completely bare without any furnishings. Even when you purchase the unfurnished version when they’re available in the store there are a number of included furnishings. These will not be present and some are unique or rather expensive crown purchases in their own right.