Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Game isn't starting anymore on a new Ryzen 7 PC - Microsoft, some help please ?

taiji2078
taiji2078
✭✭✭
Hello,

I'm playing ESO since August 2014, from Italy EU.

Before, using an VPN service, the game was running. It's not ok to be forced to pay for a VPN just to be able to play your game, but I like TESO - so instead of paying your subscription, I pay the VPN.

I bought the latest TESO expansion, bought also a new low end gaming PC (ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, nvidia 2060 super 8gb ram, 32gb system ram, 970 EVO Plus SSD 500 GB NVMe M.2, Win 10 Pro), installed the game on partition D (C is windows only, having a smaller size of only 100gb).

I'm starting the Launcher, the launcher is working fine (both normal or run as admin). I press the Play button, I see the circle cursor for 2-3 seconds, the play button turns grey but nothing happens. The game isn't starting at all, not even as a process in my PC's memory.

I rechecked the game, no errors. I uninstalled the game and retry. Same identical issue. I switched over 3-4 VPN trial services ... no luck. As I said, my paid VPN isn't working anymore with TESO. The game is basically dead on my PC.

My ISP is Vodafone - fiber optic 1Gb internet speed.

If I start the game directly with the eso64.exe file, the screen turns black and nothing happens.

TESO is NOT compatible with Ryzen 7 processors ? What is going on here ? I cannot play TESO anymore ... and I was so anxious to see it on my new PC with everything maxed ... :(

Useless to say that World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Star Citizen, Counter Strike GO and basically EVERY other online game in my PC is running fine, without the need of any VPN service.

Thanks for reading. I was trying the solutions posted on other topics (deleting config files, etc.) and again no luck... I got bored and tired of trying to run your game.
Maybe Microsoft will manage to fix your game connectivity issues ... but I seriously doubt it ...
Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you need VPN and have you tried to run game without it? I doubt that it can affect your game even before logging in.
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    The game wasn't loading at all from Italy without a VPN.

The answer is yes, everything else is working perfectly without a VPN, so I also tried without a VPN to run ESO and it's not working.

I'm using computers since the 80's so there's no problem with my PC's or router's firewall. The configuration is fine. Something is wrong and I cannot understand what.

The only thing I didn't try and I'm not willing to try, is to install TESO in C. This would mean buying a new HDD just for TESO and I'm not sure this will solve my problem. Some are saying that installing the game on C solved this identical problem for them ... but I always kept TESO installed on D ... so I cannot see the problem here. I have other games installed on D and all of them are working just fine.

Any ideas ? Thank you !
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really don't need a VPN to play from Italy, I' ve been playing for two years now, started with ADSL (Tiscali) and now with FTTC (Fastweb) and never had nay issue with the connection.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you decide to continue playing ESO and still run into issues launching the game, our help article linked below can help you get the game up and running.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post