Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mudcrab Chitin "Price" on PS4 NA and EU?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Does anyone know a good way to find a reasonable offer price for Mudcrab Chitin on PS4 NA or EU? I have seen VERY LITTLE on guild vendors. I may offer to buy some, especially from guildies, but I am not sure what is fair for that.

I don't know if anyone farms it either. I just don't want to run around trying to kill sparse crabs for it. I would love a place packed with crabs that had a good respawn time, but I doubt such a place exists. Or that it would be shared if it did exist since it would likely be nerfed.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for PS4 prices since I'm on PC-NA, @FlopsyPrince ... but the two places I farm mudcrabs are Khenarthi's Roost and the central coast of Wrothgar.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't speak for PS4 prices since I'm on PC-NA, @FlopsyPrince ... but the two places I farm mudcrabs are Khenarthi's Roost and the central coast of Wrothgar.

I have tried Khenarth's Roost, but it seems like I get less than a dozen for a full trip around. Really frustrating since I have so many other time consuming things to do, but thanks for the ideas.

I want someplace with 100 of them and a quick respawn rate, but then that location would get overrun by bots....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want someplace with 100 of them and a quick respawn rate, but then that location would get overrun by bots....

Yeah, that’s a scenario that’s too good to be true.

It really should only take 15 minutes for 15-20 Chitin.

After that, you’re probably doing more Alchemy writs than you can sustain ... which means skipping Alchemy Writs on the day of Chitin or just scaling Writs back entirely.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, that’s a scenario that’s too good to be true.

It really should only take 15 minutes for 15-20 Chitin.

After that, you’re probably doing more Alchemy writs than you can sustain ... which means skipping Alchemy Writs on the day of Chitin or just scaling Writs back entirely.

That could be true. And to think Cornflower used to be my limiter....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 EU a stack avg is 29.5K atm

I tend to farm a bit from time to time instead of buying, in coastal areas such as Southern Elsweyr/Wrothgar
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r has a spot near sentinel that works well, Khartag point is good for generally farming that kind of stuff too.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alik'r has a spot near sentinel that works well, Khartag point is good for generally farming that kind of stuff too.

I tried the spot near the exit from the public dungeon on the other side of the map and I was surprised to only see a couple of crabs there when I had seen bot groups before. I will check out the other side too, thanks!

Though I would still rather buy a bunch....
    PC
    PS4/PS5