Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dig up Bonus Rewards during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event"

• Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmcxp wrote: »
    The Antiquity progress site; https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/losttreasures
    is not updating, is it in real time or once per day?
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »
    Why does the bar on the progress scale on this Event Progress Web Page show progress when the event has not started?

I know it says 0% but why show any progress on the bar?

rcnwrwrhcu8l.png

It still shows 0% on the bar and that's after it's been going on a few hours. So either the progress bar is not updated very often, it's going to be the grind to end all grinds, or something is broken.

In the past, with community events like this, the bar gets updated once per day.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think that after all these years and all these events, ZOS would be better at explaining the finer points of these events. So many grey areas when it comes to the details of "what" and "how". I could see if it was just a hint of future events to prevent spoilers, but the event starts in 4 days and everything is unclear as to how to achieve the goals.

I don't think they are "bad" at this. Its left intentionally vague so as to give them flexibility in how they want the progress meter to move. They could easily just change the % that it increments at the end of the day based on the rate of involvement an the target of the end of event. If they gave us the real number, then people achieved it too quickly it could end up counter-productive for ZoS.

We have no information about how this works other than "go dig stuff and wait for us to update the meter on the web page." It seems the updates aren't tracked anywhere near realtime (even once per hour would be acceptable).

The meter says 33% for 1st tier. But 33% of what? We have no idea. Is that 33% of 100,000 excavations? 33% of 1,000,000 excavations? It would be nice to get some facts from ZoS on this.

I didn't say they were "bad" at it, just that they could do better. Every year it's the same questions asked in the forums regarding the event details.

One major point people were asking about was, will the already excavated antiquities count. In the Summerset event 2 years ago, the pathfinder achievement counted if earned before the event. People wanted to know this 4 days before the event started and received no answer till the day the event started. These kinds of details need to be addressed before the event starts. I watched people scry and excavate antiquities before the event started, had they been better informed, they could have waited 3 days to do them and have them count towards the progression. Those leads were effectively wasted because they didn't know that they wouldn't count.

I understand the the whole "percent of what" intentional vagueness. The progress tracker is only updated once a day around 12PM EST.

Also, my initial post you quoted was made 4 days before the event started, which is why people were asking for details then.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 23, 2020 10:28PM
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm : Blackreach nodes don't give double loot.
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would've definitely been a lot better if the Antiquities we've already done had been counted! I've leveled up the skill line on three characters already - one to level 10, and 2 others to get the glowing chest passive. (Plus I love doing puzzles.) If I'd known the event would work this way, I would've waited to do all the purple treasures beyond those I used for leveling.

Also, if there's going to be an event for Antiquities, why not give us significantly increased odds on lead drops? I won't be wasting much time trying to get leads that I haven't already gotten, although that's what I would really love to be digging up! Because the drop rate on leads is so absurdly bad, for some of them.

Some people say they've killed 300 griffins on Summerset to get the feather lead. That's just sad. (Took me about a hundred. I know people who've gotten it within the first few; even someone who got it on the first kill!)

Doing Antiquities on the pts was so much more fun, when I could just do Antiquities, without wasting hours trying to farm each lead.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

As others have stated
    Blackreach is not giving out double anything and I've been playing for a good 8hours.

Ran castle thorn 10x and no double loot.
    Will this be fixed before the weekend?
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    Wish zos wpuld clarify the website has conflicting info. Is it just treasures dug in Skyrim or anywhere?
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    LoLiPoPW wrote: »
    Wish zos wpuld clarify the website has conflicting info. Is it just treasures dug in Skyrim or anywhere?

Devs chimed in on page two of this thread. Antiquities found anywhere in Tamriel count. Happy hunting.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link on the first page of this forum, under the heading ANTIQUARIAN UNITE! it says, "by digging up antiquities throughout the entirety of Tamriel."
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 24, 2020 2:53AM
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel includes Coldharbour, Clockwork City and Artaeum ??????????????????????
    Glory for the Pact!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one just got a jewellery crafting survey in her purple reward box.

Was it supposed to be there?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ahrimar
    ahrimar
    ✭✭✭
    i dig lots of times... nothing... lots of trashes.... i dont understand how to get home or other things.... HOW??????
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ahrimar wrote: »
    i dig lots of times... nothing... lots of trashes.... i dont understand how to get home or other things.... HOW??????

You do not dig the "rewards", it's community contribution as a whole. We'll get them in a month approximately after the event.
  • ahrimar
    ahrimar
    ✭✭✭
    ahrimar wrote: »

You do not dig the "rewards", it's community contribution as a whole. We'll get them in a month approximately after the event.

so i wont dig any more. Also do nothing... true?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good god people. It’s not that hard.

There is a Community event happening. This is about how many times players scry & dig up an Antiquity. It’s about working together to benefit all.

All digs, of every kind and in every place, count towards the total.

When the total reaches the first amount Zos has decided, we get the first reward.

Then when the total of digs people have done reached the 2nd amount, we get the 2nd reward.

The house is the last reward.

So dig for victory! 😘
    Edited by Hallothiel on September 24, 2020 8:26AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's confusing that there are effectively two separate "events" going on at the same time, with the same name, and it appears that this thread covers both.

There is a standard zone event, similar to the one we had recently in Summerset, that will give 3 event tickets and a large coffer, once per account per day, when the first daily quest is turned in (or the weekly Kyne's Aegis quest) after reset. There are additional, smaller coffers available from other sources in the zone. Double mat drops from harvesting. All the same things we got in Summerset, but in Greymoor.

And there's a Community Event, that somehow involves digging up Antiquities. We don't know the exact details of that one. We know what the potential rewards are, and have a progress bar to look at.

Do the antiquities we've already dug up count?
    Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting?
    Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it?
    Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one?

Official answers would be greatly appreciated!

Answering your questions in bold letters below!
    • Do the antiquities we've already dug up count? No, only Antiquities that are dug up during the event.
    • Does it count differently if a character has already leveled up the skill line, or is just starting? Nope, this doesn't matter!
    • Hopefully it counts antiquities dug up everywhere, not just in Greymoor. Does it? Yes, Antiquities dug up anywhere in Tamriel count toward the meter.
    • Do different antiquity levels count differently: e.g., does a gold antiquity count for more than a green one? No, quality does not matter.

Thank you for the clarification, @ZOS_GinaBruno <3
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Gralor
      Gralor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you enjoy working towards an arbitrary goal, feel free to do so. But the truth is, it doesn’t matter.

Keep in mind that we will all receive the three tiers of rewards, no matter how often or how long each and everyone of us is digging for trash. It’s just an annually recurring marketing stunt.

After reading some of the comments, you get the feeling that quite a few players still believe they have any effect on this outcome.
    • Hallothiel
      Hallothiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Gralor wrote: »
      If you enjoy working towards an arbitrary goal, feel free to do so. But the truth is, it doesn’t matter.

Keep in mind that we will all receive the three tiers of rewards, no matter how often or how long each and everyone of us is digging for trash. It’s just an annually recurring marketing stunt.

After reading some of the comments, you get the feeling that quite a few players still believe they have any effect on this outcome.

Of course it’s marketing. They actually don’t HAVE to give us ANYTHING. [snip]

How about you send an email in to Zos requesting that if the rewards are given out, you would not like to be included as you were far too superior to join in.

Yes, it is a hoop to jump through, but stop being such a cynic.

[edited for baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 24, 2020 12:46PM
    • Gralor
      Gralor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hallothiel wrote: »

Of course it’s marketing. They actually don’t HAVE to give us ANYTHING. [snip]

How about you send an email in to Zos requesting that if the rewards are given out, you would not like to be included as you were far too superior to join in.

Yes, it is a hoop to jump through, but stop being such a cynic.

It’s important to be honest with players who ask questions regarding this event, which is quite the opposite of being cynical.

If you try to make people believe they actually have to dig up sites – potentially for hours each day – to increase the chances of achieving the goal, then you’re selling them an illusion. It’s an incentive to engage players in the chapter, but that’s all it is. The reward is neither tied to what you do as an individual nor what the community does.

If ZOS would be interested in providing evidence that there is in fact a possibility to affect the outcome of the event, they would show us the numbers behind the achievement meter. They don’t. Either there are no numbers and the bar is simply filled up from time to time to make it look like there’s an actual process behind or the threshold is so low that it’s being reached no matter what.

So, if anyone personally wants to believe that the event is in fact tied to their individual doings, then that’s perfectly fine. But no one should be falsely told that their actions truly mean anything.
      Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 24, 2020 12:47PM
    • White wabbit
      White wabbit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hallothiel wrote: »
      Good god people. It’s not that hard.

There is a Community event happening. This is about how many times players scry & dig up an Antiquity. It’s about working together to benefit all.

All digs, of every kind and in every place, count towards the total.

When the total reaches the first amount Zos has decided, we get the first reward.

Then when the total of digs people have done reached the 2nd amount, we get the 2nd reward.

The house is the last reward.

So dig for victory! 😘

I think what the issue is no ones knows what actually counts per player each day : I.e say I do 50 digs and only the first 10 counted for me I could have been doing something else with the time
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I suspect all digs count. I can think of no reason to suspect otherwise.

One thought I'd like to offer for the planning of next years' event (if there is one) is to add a boost during the event to how quickly the excavation/scrying skills level up. XP scrolls don't effect this skill line's progress. I'm using the event to bring up at least one alt to L7 (to get the nice glowing chest perk). Not to underestimate what seems like a great pack of community rewards for the event, adding something you can watch improve more quickly adds a bit of a personal touch I think.
      PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    • juliandracos
      juliandracos
      ✭✭
      If ZOS would be interested in providing evidence that there is in fact a possibility to affect the outcome of the event, they would show us the numbers behind the achievement meter. They don’t. Either there are no numbers and the bar is simply filled up from time to time to make it look like there’s an actual process behind or the threshold is so low that it’s being reached no matter what.

While I am willing to accept that maybe it does not matter how many people dig up, the lack of numbers is not evidence. It is not as though you would have access to how many artifacts are dug up each day. Instead of using percent, they could put up 1,000,000 or any number they want. That can be just as easily manipulated as a percent. In neither case will anyone outside of ZOS have any remotely accurate data on how many were dug up.

If there is a low threshold, then you would think that it would fill up quickly on the bar. That is, unless you want to maintain that there is a number being counted, but they will not accurately display the percentage per day.

One reason to think that this has to be true is that this is a contest. There are laws governing how contests work. Maybe they do not apply if it is a fake contest, but I suspect that might look like fraud in some jurisdictions. It seems far safer for them to have this as an actual contest.

I am disappointed in the lack of numbers. Even if it is all fiction, it helps with one's delusion to know that you dug up X number of artifacts and then see a number listed on the website and "know" that you were responsible for that number on the counter. As a percent, it is unlikely that any person would be responsible for even .01% dug up.
    • AcadianPaladin
      AcadianPaladin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've no problem with ZoS having the flexibility to manage the event anyway they wish. I'm sure their objective is for this to be a fun and rewarding event. I don't think it's necessary for them to put out hard goal numbers and risk being way off one way or the other (finish the event in three days or find that it's impossible to complete). There is no legal requirement for any transparency on this since no one is risking any harm - financial or otherwise. The contest is purely for fun and I don't mind if ZoS has the tools they need to try and make it so. :)
      PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    • Env_t
      Env_t
      ✭✭✭
      so KA double drop or not?
    • Smitch_59
      Smitch_59
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, so far I've not had a single antiquity lead drop during the current event. And I'm not gonna go dig green/blue repeatable treasures that I've already dug ad nauseum. So I'm underwhelmed thus far. Maybe my RNG luck will improve, but I'm not counting on it. RNG hates me.
      By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just a little thought. This event needs something to tie the two parts together. Maybe if occasionally you could get the purple boxes instead of one of the other sorts of bonus diggy loot?

Something to consider for a similar event if not possible this time perhaps?

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    • ol_BANK_lo
      ol_BANK_lo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So what actually moves the progress meter? The act of uncovering something?
    • dcam86b14_ESO
      dcam86b14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Have they actually fixed the drops in castle thorn and nodes in blackreach?
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like how we've already gotten a quarter of the way there in just two days.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The fact that they are not counting previous progress on digging means I will probably not be able to contribute much at all to the event and I really want to help get that free house.

I have only got one lead so far from a treasure map during the event and I play for many hours each day. I rarely get leads anymore. Getting the first one is usually easy but after you get a few of the same one they just don’t drop anymore.

There is also the conflicting requirements of getting all the Greymoor motif pages by staying in the new zone and the scrying. I have 12 Snow Prince chairs now. If I go outside the zone (which I have for hours to try to get a new lead, with no luck) then I don’t get any Grey Host loot boxes that *might* give me motif pages.

See the problem now?
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      So... if you are a member of the community and playing ESO, but do not have the Greymoor chapter, IF the event succeeds, will you get the house?
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis