The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Separate Group Queue Incoming

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
FYI, next update there will be a solo queue and a separate group queue. Solos only for the solo queue, but any group size, one two three or four, for the group queue.

To avoid splitting the population too much, you will only be able to select between group and solo queues. you will no longer be able to select a specific game mode.

I think this is a positive change, but my first reaction is that the group queue may have long queue times. Also, it seems like it would be unwise to join the group queue as either a solo or a trio. Solos would be wise to just stick to solo queue, and trios would require a solo to queue in order to fill their group. Duos could hopefully get queued with another duo, and hopefully be able to compete with a 4 man group.

if they created an incentive for solos to join the group queue, it could solve the problem regarding trios, but then that might leave solo queue in bad shape.
Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 18, 2020 7:41PM
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, literally said in preview: if you gona join as less than full premade - dont cry about being farmed by full premade.
    Removing ability to q for specific mode will definetly increase q time.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Yep, literally said in preview: if you gona join as less than full premade - dont cry about being farmed by full premade.

You mean decrease q time?
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 18, 2020 8:18PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean decrease q time?

Aye, i meant improve q time.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No able to q for specific match can be annoying but it will also help to deal with previous problem of group bg (well, and solo bg too) where several premades were q straight for relic modes on their pure troll tank specs. Were unable to kill anyone but kept winning coz they could safely carry relics.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 18, 2020 8:30PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No able to q for specific match can be annoying but it will also help to deal with previous problem of group bg (well, and solo bg too) where several premades were q straight for relic modes on their pure troll tank specs. Were unable to kill anyone but kept winning coz they could safely carry relics.

Good point, running a flag tank designed exclusively to sit on a flag and hold block will be a lot riskier with random game modes. Hopefully we'll see less of these troll builds.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did they say that? Did they talk about balance or brush it off and say they are adding more proc sets instead?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did they say that? Did they talk about balance or brush it off and say they are adding more proc sets instead?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546030/u28-combat-preview-developer-update
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind
    Edited by RedTalon on September 19, 2020 5:43PM
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

This.

The people wanting a group queue have now got thier wishes therefore don't complain if you're in a duo and are getting farmed by a full four man group ☝👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546030/u28-combat-preview-developer-update

So they're adding group queue but deleting skill based gameplay.
    Nice.
    thank you @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

This.

The people wanting a group queue have now got thier wishes therefore don't complain if you're in a duo and are getting farmed by a full four man group ☝👍

And also in theory should help for both solo and group q. Coz solo players are saying they refuse to do bgs coz they stomped by premades, while "small-scale" groups saying they wont do bgs coz they dont want to stomp pugs. Well, will see how many groups will be playing group q knowing that there wont be pugs there.
    Dont expecting huge improvement tho coz people in eso love excuses, like it was with solo-only q that didnt showed actual increase even when main concern of facing premades was "fixed".
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been thinking that more than likely you'll be seeing a lot of the same pre mades over and over again (xbox) meaning i doubt ill go through the hassle of getting a group formed.

Meaning solo Queue for me. But I wont be liking going back to random modes
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying, no one in their right mind would que alone in the group queue. That is just asking for a nearly guaranteed loss. People queing with 3 people (ie: expecting a solo in group queue to fill their team) will be waiting indefinitely for a battleground, or will have to play against pre-mades with only three players.
  • silvix1896
    When will the Update come ?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been thinking that more than likely you'll be seeing a lot of the same pre mades over and over again (xbox) meaning i doubt ill go through the hassle of getting a group formed.

Meaning solo Queue for me. But I wont be liking going back to random modes

The novelty of random mode will be nice for a week or two, then I'll start wishing for DM only again.

And yes, group queue on Xbox NA will be the same few groups in every game (when there are enough groups queuing to begin with).
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

This.

And also in theory should help for both solo and group q. Coz solo players are saying they refuse to do bgs coz they stomped by premades, while "small-scale" groups saying they wont do bgs coz they dont want to stomp pugs. Well, will see how many groups will be playing group q knowing that there wont be pugs there.
    Dont expecting huge improvement tho coz people in eso love excuses, like it was with solo-only q that didnt showed actual increase even when main concern of facing premades was "fixed".

Agreed

I have a feeling that a lot of folks who were here complaining about solo-only are going to find that they don't enjoy pre-made v premade over and over.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was needed before removing group que's from an mmo and explicitly stating months later that group que's would not be re-added. Just another example of horrible design flipflopping as always, the group bg population needed to fill group que's left the game after their entire playstyle option was removed.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • DrCanabis
    DrCanabis
    ✭✭
    You should be able to choose what game mode you wanna play. I don't mind separate queues. But not being able to choose what game mode you wanna play is a dumb idea
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrCanabis wrote: »
    You should be able to choose what game mode you wanna play. I don't mind separate queues. But not being able to choose what game mode you wanna play is a dumb idea

I'd be ok if the weighted MM to 50% objective, 50% DM.
  • DrCanabis
    DrCanabis
    ✭✭
    DrCanabis wrote: »

I'd be ok if the weighted MM to 50% objective, 50% DM.

Me personally I prefer deathmatch. I'd be okay with objective matches if there was no time limit and just based off points. It's pretty lame to play an objective based match while being timed. That's just my opinion though.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there another thread covering this change? I've been following this debate for a while and I'm surprised that this news hasn't garnered more attention and delight from the folks who hated the solo only change.

This is awesome news for both groups minus the disappointment of losing the ability to choose which game modes you want to play.

In before complaints that ques are too long and the monotony of fighting the same premades over and over.
    Edited by Sevn on September 24, 2020 12:35AM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • mrwizardguy
    It's in 6.2.0 patch notes! But WHEN does it release?
  • mrwizardguy
    Sevn wrote: »
    Is there another thread covering this change? I've been following this debate for a while and I'm surprised that this news hasn't garnered more attention and delight from the folks who hated the solo only change.

This is awesome news for both groups minus the disappointment of losing the ability to choose which game modes you want to play.

In before complaints that ques are too long and the monotony of fighting the same premades over and over.

6.2.0 patch notes.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's in 6.2.0 patch notes! But WHEN does it release?

Dlc is beginning of november so not that soon