The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How hard is the antiquity house to get?

Abstraqt
Abstraqt
✭✭✭
How many hours of grinding do you think it'll take?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have an idea tomorrow when they update the progress bar.

But the last couple of events, people really got together and got everything done in good time, so I expect the community to do the same thing again.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

But the last couple of events, people really got together and got everything done in good time, so I expect the community to do the same thing again.

Wait, it's a community event? I thought it was an individual thing, like you dig up leads for the house then we acquire it
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    Wait, it's a community event? I thought it was an individual thing, like you dig up leads for the house then we acquire it

Nope. It's a community event. We *all* have to work together so that all players that have Greymoor get the house. The more we dig up, the more we advance the progress bar. Only when it's full, will we *also* get the house.

So go, go, go! Dig up stuff! ^__^

Here's the link to the progress meter:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/de/losttreasures
    Edited by Ravensilver on September 23, 2020 5:26PM
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »

From the event tracker page, emphasis mine:
    Unlock a majestic new home, a Houseguest (the first of its kind!), and more for ALL Greymoor players as you travel Tamriel to dig up ancient knowledge and relics using the Antiquities system during the Lost Treasures of Skyrim event. The more you and your fellow players work together to find treasures, the quicker you'll unlock the new rewards!

Like previous events of this type, the progress toward unlocking the rewards is a community aggregate: my Antiquities participation helps you and every other Greymoor owner, likewise, your participation helps me and other players.
    Edited by theskymoves on September 23, 2020 5:28PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like previous events of this type, the progress toward unlocking the rewards is a community aggregate: my progress helps you and every other Greymoor owner, likewise, your progress helps me and other players.

And, like previous events of this type, I'm pretty sure that the marketing department has already figured out what %'s to advance the meter to on which days, in order to drum up the most enthusiasm for the event. And that the final result is a forgone conclusion.

But maybe I'm just cynical. :D
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like previous events of this type, the progress toward unlocking the rewards is a community aggregate: my progress helps you and every other Greymoor owner, likewise, your progress helps me and other players.

And, like previous events of this type, I'm pretty sure that the marketing department has already figured out what %'s to advance the meter to on which days, in order to drum up the most enthusiasm for the event. And that the final result is a forgone conclusion.

Let us have our fun!!
    :wink:
    The Moot Councillor
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really dont *feel* like im making progress in this event like I have in previous community events. There are no extra rewards from digging, nothing tangible on screen ... no sort of counter or anything in game to show for it... and going to the progress page you cant really see anything either.

It just doesn't really even feel like anything is happening. I dont like it. I kind of lack motivation to go out and dig. I'd rather go do skyrim dailies on all my alts and get the boxes.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    i really dont *feel* like im making progress in this event like I have in previous community events. There are no extra rewards from digging, nothing tangible on screen ... no sort of counter or anything in game to show for it... and going to the progress page you cant really see anything either.

It just doesn't really even feel like anything is happening. I dont like it. I kind of lack motivation to go out and dig. I'd rather go do skyrim dailies on all my alts and get the boxes.

No.

If you're a "What's in it for me personally" type of person, community events probably aren't for you.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're not cynical, that's how it works.

It's a stage play. We play our role in participating in the event, and ZOS plays their role, delivering the rewards. If both parts perform their role well, the play gets renewed next season.
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    “ After the community has unlocked all three rewards (or the time runs out), all Greymoor players can claim the unlocked items from the in-game Crown Store for free.”

So you’re (communally) working to unlock the inevitable earlier.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, there *is* a counter where you can see the progress being made:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/de/losttreasures

It gets updated after the end of each day. So if you check it tomorrow, you will see the progress that we, all together, have made on this.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I wouldn't expect to see progress the first day, as there won't be anything to see until tomorrow. I mean YMMV, but I think it's fun to see everyone running around, and the excitement will amp up a little once the first prize unlocks.

That being said, the original event of this kind, Summerset, did have a bit more of a community feel because players were grouping up to help port each other around to places they hadn't unlocked yet. It wasn't strictly necessary, but it helped a lot, and even solo players like me really enjoyed meeting some cool, friendly people. This event doesn't entail quite as much group activity. But I'll still be plenty hyped when we get close to unlocking that great house!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

No. I wouldn't expect to see progress the first day, as there won't be anything to see until tomorrow. I mean YMMV, but I think it's fun to see everyone running around, and the excitement will amp up a little once the first prize unlocks.

That being said, the original event of this kind, Summerset, did have a bit more of a community feel because players were grouping up to help port each other around to places they hadn't unlocked yet. It wasn't strictly necessary, but it helped a lot, and even solo players like me really enjoyed meeting some cool, friendly people. This event doesn't entail quite as much group activity. But I'll still be plenty hyped when we get close to unlocking that great house!

I liked that about the Summerset event too. It required players to complete the Pathfinder achievement so there was lots of talk in zone chat about where the locations were and how to get there, people offering ports or guides and encouraging each other. My favourite one I saw was someone organising a 'walking tour of Summerset' where they not only went around all the locations but actually shared trivia and lore info in chat along the way.

I understand they want to promote the antiquity system but I think it's a shame it doesn't encourage the same sense of community when everyone is going after their own leads, without needing directions from players and with no guarentee the people around you will be doing the same ones.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have dug up all 3 full motif chapters and then some today! Prepped about 50 leads in the last few days :) I can't wait to get this house!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to take another character to level 7 for the treasure chest passive and dig up any leads I happen to acquire.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

If you're a "What's in it for me personally" type of person, community events probably aren't for you.

No soup for you!

Nice.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really like these group community events, even though I’m pretty sure it’s all a marketing thing. It feels good to share a project with the whole community.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you get motifs from digging?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you get motifs from digging?

You get the lead from treasure maps in the Alliance areas including the starter areas. All areas will yield two leads with the exception of Khenarthi's Roost which yields 4 leads.

Dominion - Ancient Elf motifs
    Pact - Ancient Nord motifs
    Covenant - Ancient Orc motifs

You will not get these leads in Coldharbor, Cyrodiil or the DLC areas.
  • CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does finding bonus items in each dig count for more than if I just dig the item I am looking for for this event counter bar?
    Edited by CaiWenji on September 24, 2020 1:39AM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a good enough reason to find things I haven’t yet found and level another toon’s skill line. A free house is nothing to complain about :)
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    I had a load of leads still with 30 days on them, will these count towards?

Just want to guage if those leads are classed as dead, or if they will contribute
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they upped the drop rates for leads for the event.
    I'm nearly 70 runs into dire frost keep at this point with no snow treaders lead.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skauron wrote: »
    I had a load of leads still with 30 days on them, will these count towards?

Just want to guage if those leads are classed as dead, or if they will contribute

If you dig them up, they will count.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Skauron
      Skauron
      ✭✭✭
      Since the event started i've been working on just that.. so good, not wasted then. had 15 gold leads, 9 purple and 4 or 5 blue, so i'll continue digging :)
      Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
      Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
    • WiseSky
      WiseSky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If they are smart, they will give us the house no matter what.
      So everyone will be incited to buy Greymoor just to get that cool house.
      Immersive Quests Addon
      Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
      List of Immersion Addons
    • agegarton
      agegarton
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hmmmm the meter doesn't seem to have moved at all this morning - still at 0% as far as I can tell.

And I dug up soooo much yesterday. :#
    • Gythral
      Gythral
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      agegarton wrote: »
      Hmmmm the meter doesn't seem to have moved at all this morning - still at 0% as far as I can tell.

Probably will move closer to ZOS closing time after the work on the website (19:00 UTC ish), then during their office hours there after (at a guess)
      “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
      Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
      Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      agegarton wrote: »

ZOS are based in the USA and (understandably) base things like this on their own time zone. When they say morning it's actually afternoon or evening for Europe and Asia and possibly the next morning (or the middle of the night) for Australasia.

It always confuses me if I check Twitter or Facebook before work; I'm just getting up, my friends in California and Washington are still in yesterday afternoon and my friends in Australia are about to go to bed (or saying they should already be in bed). Time zones are weird.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    This discussion has been closed.