The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So is Stone Eagle Aerie Dwemer or Reach themed?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
Console player, don't have access to PTS, so I can't check.

Is the interior of Stone Eagle Aerie (And it's included Furnishings) decidedly Dwemer themed or Reach themed?

I've been dying for a Mansion sized Dwemer Home (Stillwaters doesn't count. A single Room does not a house make), and Skyrim-based content is the best hope I have.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The house itself is 100% Dwemer. Although it's the 'new' Dwemer style (white and gold) so existing Dwemer furniture (platforms, forge, pipes, salvage, other tools, etc) won't fit in at all (and they didn't re-do these types of items in the new styles, so either you won't have any pipes and workshop stuff in your 'new' Dwemer house, or they'll have to be mismatched). :disappointed: Sad, sad, sad.

Looking at the furniture however, there are a few Reach pieces. Such as Reach pergolas on the outside, and a Dwemer lamp variant that has some Reach decorations on it (but there is a pure Dwemer version too). In the furnished version there are also a few Reach banners, and Reach chandeliers made out of plants. The house also overlooks Markarth, so you'll also see some Reachness there, but you really won't have do worry about the house being Reach-related at all.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    The house itself is 100% Dwemer. Although it's the 'new' Dwemer style (white and gold) so existing Dwemer furniture (platforms, forge, pipes, salvage, other tools, etc) won't fit in at all (and they didn't re-do these types of items in the new styles, so either you won't have any pipes and workshop stuff in your 'new' Dwemer house, or they'll have to be mismatched). :disappointed: Sad, sad, sad.

Looking at the furniture however, there are a few Reach pieces. Such as Reach pergolas on the outside, and a Dwemer lamp variant that has some Reach decorations on it (but there is a pure Dwemer version too). In the furnished version there are also a few Reach banners, and Reach chandeliers made out of plants. The house also overlooks Markarth, so you'll also see some Reachness there, but you really won't have do worry about the house being Reach-related at all.

They said the new dwemer style will have furnishings added with markarth.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is new Dwemer style furnishings on the Crown store that match the new white and gold theme. I didn't count them but the 40 they said is likely accurate as there was quite a bit there. They look really good I thought.
    Edited by carly on September 21, 2020 9:59PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want video of both new homes. Why is it taking so long?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    They said the new dwemer style will have furnishings added with markarth.
    carly wrote: »
    There is new Dwemer style furnishings
    Yes, I also said that, but read the whole thing.
    • They added some 'new Dwemer' furniture that do match the house (beds, tables, library and hearth stuff, etc).
    • But they did not add every furniture, and a large chunk of Dwemer furniture are only available in 'old Dwemer' such as pipes, platforms, stairs, forge, fountain, salvage, machines, other tools).
    This means that if you want to mix furniture types (create a Dwemer house that has a bedroom, library and workshop) you'll need to mix Dwemer styles that don't match. And if you want to only use the new Dwemer furniture that do match the house, you won't be able to have a lot of Dwemer furniture types, because a lot of them existed as 'old' Dwemer colour, and they didn't re-make those with the new recolor (pipes, machines, fountain, etc).
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a video on Youtube. Looks pretty great. Comes with a lot of the new Dwemer Furnishings, if not at least one of each! And the Reach stuff looks easy enough to take down and store away, or put in one of my other homes.

I would bet that the old Pipe furnishings would look good in the darker areas with bodies of water.

Between this House, the new Dwemer Armory (Akthzand? I can't remember) Motif, the new Mask you get just for entering the DLC (Plus I think there's a second also associated with an Achievement?), and the ADORABLE Scarab Pet you get from Antiquities, this is the best piece of content for Dwemer fans ever.

All that I could ever hope for after that is a re-release or new version of the Dwemer Sphere Pet. Hell I'd take a version that's a Houseguest instead.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on September 21, 2020 10:25PM
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just back on PTS and toured the house again furnished and then bought it. I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of Dwemer style but this house is really nice and I love the location - right in Markarth and the views from the outside are gorgeous. I actually like the new Dwemer furniture. Hopefully they will add more matching furniture at some point in the future, if not well I'll figure it out.
    Edited by carly on September 22, 2020 12:00AM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Saw a video on Youtube. Looks pretty great. Comes with a lot of the new Dwemer Furnishings, if not at least one of each! And the Reach stuff looks easy enough to take down and store away, or put in one of my other homes.

I would bet that the old Pipe furnishings would look good in the darker areas with bodies of water.

Between this House, the new Dwemer Armory (Akthzand? I can't remember) Motif, the new Mask you get just for entering the DLC (Plus I think there's a second also associated with an Achievement?), and the ADORABLE Scarab Pet you get from Antiquities, this is the best piece of content for Dwemer fans ever.

All that I could ever hope for after that is a re-release or new version of the Dwemer Sphere Pet. Hell I'd take a version that's a Houseguest instead.

I want a ridable dwarven beetle we see big combat versions of the beetle briefly in the trailer. If they do that this is officially beyond perfect.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want a ridable dwarven beetle we see big combat versions of the beetle briefly in the trailer. If they do that this is officially beyond perfect.

I was thinking about that. But I imagine it would be a while before we got that. They don't make new Mount models too often. I COULD see a reskinned version of the Scarab pet you get via antiquities though. I also think we'll DEFINITELY see a Boss version of the Dynastor in a Group Dungeon DLC down the road and a corresponding Helm & Shoulders.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stone Eagle Aerie isn't bad, but I'm still waiting for a Dwemer house in the "old" style (underground, pipes, steam, lava, caverns and tunnels), Basically looking like a Dwemer delve or dungeon. If we can't get one in Skyrim, there are plenty of non-quest related Dwemer "doors" above ground in Vvardenfel that would be great entrances to a home, especially on the south east corner of the map.

Although there is still the strange Dwarven door, blocked by rubble and guarded by 2 constructs, in Blackreach, between Lightless Hollow and Dusktown Cavern. Perfect spot for a true Dwemer home.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Stone Eagle Aerie isn't bad, but I'm still waiting for a Dwemer house in the "old" style (underground, pipes, steam, lava, caverns and tunnels), Basically looking like a Dwemer delve or dungeon. If we can't get one in Skyrim, there are plenty of non-quest related Dwemer "doors" above ground in Vvardenfel that would be great entrances to a home, especially on the south east corner of the map.

Although there is still the strange Dwarven door, blocked by rubble and guarded by 2 constructs, in Blackreach, between Lightless Hollow and Dusktown Cavern. Perfect spot for a true Dwemer home.

I have a feeling the next dwemer home won’t be for years though. Two times it could happen telvann peninsula expansion or a return to black reach expansion years from now. We know all provinces getting an expansion before going back to ones that had them. So cyrodil next year, then black marsh or hammerfell, and then whatever one is last. So 3.5 years minimum if they go back to morrowind right away. Even then I think a telvsnni themed house is more fitting as many are disappointed in how small the current one is. I also think in return to Morrowind there will be an ash lander house since none exist.

Assuming the entire year is Morrowind there is a small small small chance of a dwemer house. The other time far more liekely is after most of Skyrim is done even further beyond a return to black reach year would all but guarantee it. But this would likely be after the entire continent is filled in. So buckle up and get ready to wait if you really want one.

Me nah lol. I love this one disappointed it’s not down in black reach but it’s a minor complaint.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't imagine they'll return to making any content for the Vvardenfell area. That stuff is done and not the new hotness.

Now, if we ever get an expansion in Alik'r! There's plenty of opportunity to make a Dwemer home there.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't imagine they'll return to making any content for the Vvardenfell area. That stuff is done and not the new hotness.

Now, if we ever get an expansion in Alik'r! There's plenty of opportunity to make a Dwemer home there.
    They said many times in streams over the years they want to do the entire continent. So eventually they will return to fill in gaps in existing provinces. However this is only after they give each province one expansion.

Provinces that don’t have an expansion > filling out the rest of the continent > pyonduniea will likely be first explorable land after Tamriel is complete.These time frames are huge though.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They said many times in streams over the years they want to do the entire continent. So eventually they will return to fill in gaps in existing provinces. However this is only after they give each province one expansion.

Provinces that don’t have an expansion > filling out the rest of the continent > pyonduniea will likely be first explorable land after Tamriel is complete.These time frames are huge though.

I am not up on Elder Scrolls lore, but I enjoyed the clockwork city expansion a ton. Would there be a reason for them to revisit this expansion and add more content? I have always wanted a mid sized home in that zone clockwork themed. Like the buildings in the center of the city.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes only a few days for youtube videos of the new houses etc to show up - if you do not have access to the PTS this is a good way to sneak a peak.
    PC/EU
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but they could always add something like a house to any existing zone during an anniversary event for that specific zone.

Linchal Grand Manor in Gold Coast
    Forgemaster Falls in Wrothgar
    Theives Oasis in Alikr
    Elinhir Private Arena in Craglorn
    Frostvault Chasm in Eastmarch
    Hunter's Glade in the Rift

All were added well after those zones were released.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 25, 2020 10:09PM