The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Houseguest ideas

volkeswagon
volkeswagon
✭✭✭✭✭
in Skyrim we had children we could adopt and a bard. Could they perhaps be houseguests in ESO. Or perhaps have Cadwell as a houseguest for those who completed Cadwell's silver. Or offer Maiq as a houseguest to those who completed the maiq achievement. While on the houseguests topic. If they are under the same furniture category as pets and assistants that is gonna be a problem. Pets and mounts should have their own furniture category. As a cat lover I really want to display all my cats in my house.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bard yes
    Eso has no children, so that would be creepy anyway.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Strange answer. Skyrim had them so why not.

[Edit for Bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 23, 2020 3:30AM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Mai'q was a houseguest, he should only show up sometimes!

I have lots of fun ideas for houseguests (some are borrowed from others), listed in how hard I expect it to be for the devs to do it:

Small Ideas:
    • Add an "Instant" or "Teleport" speed to nodes

Medium Ideas:
    • Choose emotes at nodes
    • Equip housequests with costumes and personalities (Maybe certain characters can't have this done)
    • Merchants as houseguests (Grocers, Mystics, etc)
    • - Maybe to keep the crown price down, and differentiate from they can't buy things, only sell/repair
    • Guild Banker as houseguest
    • Bards as Houseguests

Big Ideas:
    • Alts as houseguests
    • Daily quests from houseguests
    • - Unique quests from some in-game houseguests,
    • - Source of existing daily quests (e.g. delves in the houseguests homeland) for crown store houseguests.
    • Generic Houseguests (e.g. "Solitude Guard") which can be placed multiple times
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a bard. I'm also interested in more recurring characters as houseguests because it makes sense to have our character's friends visit. I saw Adusa-daro and Prince Irnskar were datamined so I'm hoping for more like them.

A chef and a variety of guards would be nice too.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The houseguest I would like the most is Remains-Silent. She doesn't need to have her option to get goodies or anything (although that would be nice lol). She's had a room in my main's house since Housing launched. It would be nice if she could stop by between her hectic visits of every outlaw refuge in tamriel :)

I would also love recurring characters.

Keeping a variety of races for each "role" would be great too. Guard, Barmaid, Chef etc. So if we want to have a home themed with all one race we have options. Or even create some conflict where a khajiit keeps eating the wood elf's flowers...
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the option for a seated or reclining houseguest so I can make dinner parties. Also, beyond just a bard, I'd like houseguests with different instruments so I can make a band.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have Skordo, please? Preferably without that obnoxious cat (ya, I'm jealous, so what).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freiwen :relieved: I would have preferred her icy and haunty, but I will take her warm and alive as well. After all, no one In Morthal can trust her now. She may as well stay with me.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love bard houseguests (especially Daahin! <3 ) and wouldn’t mind if not having pathing was the trade-off for music. (I’m guessing that might be a difficulty since as far as I know, all of the bards are stationary and some instruments like Daahin’s qanun require the musician to be seated. Plus, if pathing were a trade-off, perhaps bards could be in the same furnishing category as music boxes, meaning more NPCs in our homes! :smiley: )

I would also love to see shopkeepers/bartenders of each race, with dialogue concerning what they sell being generic enough to fit in whatever store/restaurant/etc. we create. Here again I would love for pathing to include either all emotes available to the player or specific emotes appropriate to the character. It would be great if the shopkeeper/bartenders could not only walk around, but pour drinks, wipe down a counter, etc.

Houseguests definitely need the ability to sit as well, please! o:)
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like some critter/beast house guests. Seeing them around Markarth again makes me want a Minotaur please (:
  • j3z3b3l
    j3z3b3l
    ✭✭
    A chef!
    J3zdaz XBOX One NA
  • OminousThreat
    A bartender!! I know we all use the merchant but a bartender with dialog would be fabulous!

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bartender!! I know we all use the merchant but a bartender with dialog would be fabulous!

Agreed! I’d love to see bartenders of each race! For some establishments it may not matter, but my Ashfall Cornerclub simply must have a Dunmer!
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's been thrown out there yet since I have not read the whole thread... but since we have house guests now an absolute must is....
    The lusty Argonian maid, Lifts Her Tail!!!
    Edited by honey_badger82 on November 22, 2020 6:35PM