The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Placing LoreBooks on Bookshelves

SherianneLuna
SherianneLuna
Soul Shriven
I have a suggestion. I spent hours upon hours, and still not finished, slowly placing each of the lorebooks on my book shelves in my Lunar Hall Library. Something that would have made it so much easier is if the books were came out of the bag already standing as if they were on a bookshelf already. (I really miss the shelf container option skyrim had, where you just added them to the shelf and it auto populated. Also, not have books like the oblivion ones that come out rotated slightly so when you try to get them to line up using x,y,z coords, they dont want to line up right. Its even more frustrating when you have to spend over 100k to get the book containers and then have it be so much trouble to put them in your home.
thanks for listening.
  • Chinspun
    Chinspun
    ✭✭✭
    try aligning them on a flat surface, make a block/ link them, then place them on the shelf.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing more tedious than placing books on a Shelf. It does not need to be.

I agree the Skyrim way is awesome. Only thing you had to worry about was the order (smaller pamphlets would fall over, which you may or may not want)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chinspun wrote: »
    try aligning them on a flat surface, make a block/ link them, then place them on the shelf.

This is what I do - I stack them on the floor, link them all to one in roughly the middle, and then only need to move that one.

Then I delete most of them when I see what filling an entire bookcase has done to my item count...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe a recipe that takes the shelf furnishing plus a set of related books, and returns a single furnishing that is the shelf with the books in them and you can individually interact with the books to read them.
    This way you not only get nicely placed books but you reduce the number of furnishings.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

This is what I do - I stack them on the floor, link them all to one in roughly the middle, and then only need to move that one.

Then I delete most of them when I see what filling an entire bookcase has done to my item count...

After unboxing my first lore set and being apalled that it was not in rows bu individual books, I made a suggestion that lore books should be in bookcases or rows - to help with item count and frustration. 5 years later...
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    Until those things are added... If you are on PC and have EHT you can line up groups of books and move them as a group into any bookcase easily. @ZOS_Cardinal made a video on it. The video is older but it still shows the process.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yYk6rp3i3Gs

...and if you can’t use EHT, everyone can at least now use Precision Edit to move books. Just make sure you precision edit and immediately press Straighten first to level the book.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

After unboxing my first lore set and being apalled that it was not in rows bu individual books, I made a suggestion that lore books should be in bookcases or rows - to help with item count and frustration. 5 years later...

But I do very much like that I can place individual books where I like! I do agree that it would be wonderful if there were easier options for shelving, so long as it could be done without sacrificing options to customize, organize your books by topic (yes, I do this) and place them whenever!