Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to go about dual speccing?

Fangoroth
Fangoroth
I'm just not entirely sure how to go about setting up 2 sets of skills. Or how you could ever really get enough skill points to do multiple things. Between having to level at least 2 different skill trees and 2 sets of weapons, how are you supposed to do that, crafting, racial, armor, and Lycan/Vamp?

I get that you are, at some point, supposed to farm Skyshards. And I've gotten a fair number of them. But I'm not entirely sure how to decide what skills to take, and what to skip. How to determine which skills are unnecessary.

For example, I'm playing an Orc DK. Primarily leveling as a 2H Ardent Flame dps. However, I want to experiment with tanking. And of course, it will take some time to level up my sword and board to the same level as my main weapon. Same with non ardent talents. But to even attempt it, I'll have to respec. An if I do, I don't want all that gold to go to waste. How do I decide which skills are less effective than others, or which ones are absolutely necessary? Sorry if this is too noobish a question, but I haven't had much success figuring this out.
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    I have fully maxed out my DK passives and picked up the skills I use the most from each of the trees. I also have all of the passives from Heavy Armor, Sword and Shield along with most of the actives, and am currently working on Destro Staff and Light armor. In addition I have almost fully maxed out Blacksmithing and currently working on Enchanting. Currently at VR3 I am sitting on top of about 13 unspent skill points.

There are over 300 skill points within the game, so you have more than enough to build up a pretty beefy character with at least one if not two crafting professions.

As far as finding the right build, there are some at tamrielfoundry.com. Really a lot of it comes down to experimenting.
    Edited by Supersomething on April 21, 2014 2:23AM
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    once i heard there are plenty of skill points I quit worrying about what to put points in. I did however, concentrate only on a few spell lines that suited my gamestyle, morphing them rather than buying other spells as I knew I would only have the 5 slots for them and spending the majority of my points in passives.

Dual wielding I find a bit cumbersome at the moment, I am trying a dps secondary (healer for my main line) but its not going great (trying a bow) My biggest thing is having to remember the new slot order for my duel wield, or remembering to slot back into healing in time. it will get better im sure as i practice. I am mainly practicing the dps duel wield when its easy mob farming so i can rank up the skill line.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Fangoroth
    Fangoroth
    I guess I'm too used to the old warcraft days of " Watch where you put your points or you are SCREWED because half these talents are worthless to you "
  • Garrix
    Garrix
    now it's more 'watch what you morph, because if you *** that up you need to respec your entire character for 1 point.'
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I get that you are, at some point, supposed to farm Skyshards."
    You can't farm shards; You get them once, that's it.
    That being said, there's plenty of skill points available in the game - as others have said above. So much so that it really negates 'dual-speccing' and the like.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on April 21, 2014 12:11PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ElChristo
    ElChristo
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've worked out a dual spec build which are complete opposites.
    A PvE tank and a PvP healer. Enough spells to best utilize both hotbars for both specs.
    As well as skill points in heavy and light armor, and the guilds and vampire line.
    Also (most) skill points in crafting so I can make the best blacksmithing gear, clothing gear, woodworking, alchemy, and food.
    I'll be using around 250 of the ~300 available skill points.