Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran nightblade question

Im_So_Tanked
Im_So_Tanked
✭✭
Just hit vranks and was wondering if dual weild night blades could give me a hand deciding between dual daggers and dual swords, im aiming for speed/crit build.
At the minute im using daggers but I havent leveled dual weild up high enough for the crit+ from daggers. Are swords better than daggers if so why?
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going for a crit build, I would use daggers. Pair that w/ the Shadow Stone, medium armour/racial (if you have them)/class passives, and you'll be set. I assume the 1.5x damage from swords might be a bit more reliable, but if you find that you crit often, then I think daggers will have a better DPS in the long run.
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    Phaoryx wrote: »
    If you're going for a crit build, I would use daggers. Pair that w/ the Shadow Stone, medium armour/racial (if you have them)/class passives, and you'll be set. I assume the 1.5x damage from swords might be a bit more reliable, but if you find that you crit often, then I think daggers will have a better DPS in the long run.

I have just respecced from bow so at the minute its all fresh to me.
    I've got; 47 Assassin, 42 Shadow and 21 siphon, 50 medium armour, dual wield 30.
    I have all the medium armour passives on.
    My skill bar consists of Flurry, Concealed weapon(veiled strike), Imaple(assassins blade), Invigorating drain(vampire drain morph forget skill name), Haste. I havent really used flurry my usual routine is to sneak then concealed for a 1.1k crit then use light attacks with haste active to do the rest with impale to finish them off. Is there any better skills than flurry? I havent got the foggiest when it comes to dual wield. Ultimate is also the vampire ultimate to cover healing with the drain.

I havent got anything optimized for crit im just using daggers i managed to scrape there with so my crit rate at the minute is 24 in the character screen.

Any tips based on that?

Thanks for reply by the way!
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, np. I mean, you said you're going for a crit based build. If you're going to do this, then yeah, do daggers. Any build can be crit based really, as long as you invest in the passives, weapon traits (Might be sharpened?), the Mundus stone (Shadow for dmg, Thief for it happening more), and using daggers. 24% crit w/o passives is really good, so you have that going for you. Also, Flurry isn't bad. Has some good damage and then increases wep speed when you morph it. If it doesn't work for you though, I'd use Whirlwind, as you seem to be missing some AoE. But yeah, just do whatever works ^_^ If you wanna do crit, use daggers. If you want solid stable damage, just use swords. 1.5x is actually pretty significant.
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    I can imagine it being reliable. I just switched out flurry for reapers mark to test around a bit with the assassin trait for more crit with more as' skills. With that seem to be able to get a hit in at first for 1600 then out of the 4 light attacks that follow usually 2-3 crit so it seems to be good! Yeah i saw the attack speed from flurry that looked really appealing.

Amazing how much harder it hits then bow skills though o.o
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, DW and Marked Target pumps out the damage. Using haste/flurry with increased attack speed and Leeching Strikes works amazingly well. Glad I could help :)
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    Yeah thanks for the help! Cleared a few things up gonna go look for that thief stone now :p.
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Haha ok. All of the Mundus Stones are in Cyrodiil, btw
  • fennecbuttrwb17_ESO
    The Mundus Stones are in PVE, too?

I have found the shadow one in Greenshade and the thief in Malabal Tor?
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    I never said they were only found in Cyrodiil, or at least didn't mean to. I meant ALL of them can be found there. So that maybe you could pick up Thief w/o getting to Malabar Tor.