Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Improving Cyrodiil Vendor Sets

Drunkensot
Drunkensot
✭✭
I bought three eagles eye jewelry, and improved the necklace to chromium, but got not benefit of any improved stats. If I improve all three will I get any better stats?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some 5 piece bonuses do not improve regardless of the quality of the set.

You should be able to see what the fully improved stats would be when you are in the upgrade menu (before you upgrade). The actual stats that you get will be a weighted average based on the quality of all the gear. To get the maximum you would need to have all 5 pieces upgraded to gold, whereas if you had 3 purple and 2 gold, you would get a combination of the two.

I'm not familiar enough with the Eagle Eye set to know if it's one that has a static 5 piece or not (but the 2-, 3-, and 4- piece bonuses should definitely increase)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to post screenshots of your tooltips with your jewelry, @Drunkensot, so forum-goers can help.

Even though Eagle Eye is a 3-piece set ... the bonuses should improve when you upgrade the quality of jewelry (even at the weighted average mentioned above by @tmbrinks).

The only time stats wouldn't necessarily change is in the enchantment. If you applied an enchantment while the piece was purple quality you'll need a new gold-quality glyph to improve the enchantment stats (after upgrading to gold of course).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 15, 2020 8:44PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drunkensot wrote: »
    I bought three eagles eye jewelry, and improved the necklace to chromium, but got not benefit of any improved stats. If I improve all three will I get any better stats?

Take off all 3 pieces. Look at each piece in your inventory. A gold piece of Eagle Eye should be 833 Weapon Critical and
    1829 Weapon Critical. Is that what the necklace says? Do the purple rings show slightly lower stats? Upon re-equipping the jewelry, does each piece now show an identical number somewhere between the un-equipped gold and purple jewelry? Equipped jewelry auto-calculates a weighted value of each active set bonus. So if you have one piece of 833 Weapon Critical and two pieces of 811 Weapon Critical, once equipped, all three pieces will show something like 820 Weapon Critical.
  • Drunkensot
    Drunkensot
    ✭✭
    Thanks. The bonuses for having multiple units increased as the number of the units were improved.