The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the deal with grothdarr?

mikey_reach
mikey_reach
✭✭✭
So it got changed from direct damage to damage over time so it now scales with thaumaturge yet it still procs sets like bloodthorn which are trigger from direct damage. So is grothdarr like a hybrid now? Scales with thaum but procs things that require direct damage to activate.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc set should not proc another proc set
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

But it does.

This morning, I tested on a dummy: Warden with Winterborn, Frozen Watcher, and Grothgar

Simply holding block to activate the Frozen Watcher effect
    Frozen Watcher procc'ed both the Winterborn and the Grothgar

The wording on many sets are still confusing as to whether they are direct or over time.

Frozen Watcher says that it does X damage every second, but Thaumaturge bumped up my proc damage.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this sentiment.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I agree with this sentiment.

As it should be since a lot of sets cant proc other sets but i am a console player with the occasional pc account to do testing which is why i wanted to get this out there since I’m sure there will be people in here that can provide better results.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, proc sets should not benefit from CP or the mythic items. Their damage should be an island unto themselves on how they perform.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 21, 2020 7:12AM