The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back bar resto staff trait/glyph question

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
I saw a build that is for Mag Sorc for PvP and it recommended a back bar resto staff with a weapon/spell damage enchant and defending trait. I understand that the defending trait could make you a little more tanky when you're on the back bar and using I'm assuming just some heal skills before quickly going back to the front to deal damage. But I was wondering if people felt it might be better to go infused with weapon damage instead? I wasn't sure if the spell damage from the back bar weapon enchant carries over to the front bar if you're not using a skill like wall of elements on the back bar and only using healing skills there? If by using only healing skills the spell damage doesn't carry over to the offensive skills I'm using on the front bar, then maybe a different enchant would be better? And then also infused would not be the way to go and I think defending would be the best trait for a back bar resto staff so I'm just a little tankier while healing and then switching back to the front to do damage.

For anyone that knows please answer that question about weather or not the spell damage enchant carries over to buff the front bar offensive skills when only using healing skills on the back bar. And if it does, do you recommend going infused to make the buff even better or would it really be best to use defending to have less chance of getting killed while back-bar healing? Thanks in advance. Playing would be mostly in Cyrodil PvP with some Imperial City and maybe eventually BGs.
Edited by malistorr on September 20, 2020 6:40AM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would proc/carry over off of your back bar light attacks, and not the healing skills themselves.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does carry over from your backbar and it’s totally personal preference. Light attack with your backbar and switch to front and whatever you apply for the duration of the enchant buff will have the stats carry over. Defending/Infused is entirely dependant on how comfortable you are with your resistances/tankiness.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be mistaken, but I think that if you already have a tanky sorc build (heavy armor) then defending is probably best. But if you're spec'd for shield size then defending is a bit wasted. I have a tanky sorc so I use defending with vulnerability poisons on my back bar. The idea is to augment the 8% damage buff from combat prayer with the 8% more damage your target takes from minor vulnerability. I usually forget to proc the poison though.
    PC | EU
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using light armor and am a mag sorc. I use skills like crystal frag etc. and no pets. I really only think I'll be on the bar bar for an occasional heal and may even slot a shield on the front bar so I'm thinking I may just go for infused instead of defending. As long as the spell damage enchant and extra spell damage from the infused trait carry over to the front bar I'll do that. But if I don't plan to attack at all from the back bar, will they?