The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

War Maidens on Magesorc.

Foodbagger
Hear me out. I use elemental weapon, crystal frags, and degeneration as front bar dps. All 3 are magic damage abilities. Paired with MS you get a great mix of crit and base damage. It parsed better than julianos or nma for me.

Obviously not for aoe backbar.

Thoughts?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't buff bird + atronach + light attacks which should be overall 35%+ of your damage. The set is strong now though.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious, I don't play a sorcerer: why would you use degeneration over surge?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    Just curious, I don't play a sorcerer: why would you use degeneration over surge?

It is not over, it is in addition, just a dot.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Wouldn't entropy make more sense then?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He might have the old morphs in mind, idk.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spinners is still more damage.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Elemental Weapon does Flame, Frost, or Shock damage at random, and not Magic Damage. It might say "Magic Damage", but so do the Destruction Staff skills in the skill menu, which all deal elemental damage. Could be wrong tho, I haven't used it with Combat Metrics in a while

Crystal Frags has been changed to work more like a spammable now, which is the only PvE argument for War Maiden's on Sorc I think, but it would require using Frags as a spammable. Or Arterial Burst + Frags. I'd also use Mystic Orb if you aren't already. Toss in Haunting Curse and .... magic damage sorc time?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

He might have the old morphs in mind, idk.

Degeneration is an okay DoT. If you have space on your bar, like on a non-pet sorc, Degeneration gives you a little bit more dps.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spinners is still more damage.

Spinners is trash for pve
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Foodbagger
    I'm pretty sure Elemental Weapon does Flame, Frost, or Shock damage at random, and not Magic Damage. It might say "Magic Damage", but so do the Destruction Staff skills in the skill menu, which all deal elemental damage. Could be wrong tho, I haven't used it with Combat Metrics in a while

Crystal Frags has been changed to work more like a spammable now, which is the only PvE argument for War Maiden's on Sorc I think, but it would require using Frags as a spammable. Or Arterial Burst + Frags. I'd also use Mystic Orb if you aren't already. Toss in Haunting Curse and .... magic damage sorc time?
    Elemental weapon does magic damage. It also applies one of the elemental effects (burning etc) but the direct damage component is magic.

I do not use a pet for this so only my inferno staff attacks are unbuffed by warmaidens. That’s about 15% of my damage.

I use the healing morph for entropy. I do this because I don’t have my pet heal and 1.2-2k heal every 2 sec helps. Keep in mind Entropy ticks every sec 3.3-4.8 per and procs surges heal as well on a crit. There is so much healing in fact I keep a shield backbar and run innerlight main and rarely need the shield.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foodbagger wrote: »

I do not use a pet for this so only my inferno staff attacks are unbuffed by warmaidens. That’s about 15% of my damage.

It still should be at least 30% dmg combined from wall of elements and light attacks and ultimate...