The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we get in trouble for using add ons in ESO?

Azerothwolf73
Azerothwolf73
Soul Shriven
New player here been playing for short while and am wondering can we get in trouble for using add ons I know how they work been using them in World of Warcraft for years but each game is different as the developer. What Blizzard says may be different then what the makers of ESO say and as such would please like clarification that using add ons in ESO won't get me in trouble.

Thank you

Best Answers

• MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use anything you like. Zos is fully supporting addons.
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add-ons are blessed by Zos and have been since Zos decided to go with the minimalist UI. Zos manages the API that add-ons use to do their stuff so anything found to be undesirable Zos can close that off.

This is not to be confused with things like CE that are third party applications that exploit aspects of the game in unintended manners vs using the API as add-ons do.

Edit: However, Zos does not support the add-ons. If they are causing issues with the playability of the game, and they have before, that is on us. Add-on devs are pretty good at fixing things.
    Edited by idk on September 11, 2020 1:16AM
    Answer ✓
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any given addon may at some point violate some unknown algorithm and trigger actions against your account. Auto mail addons are notorious for this and I wouldn't use them at all. I haven't had any issues with other addons, but you never know when ZOS might change their anti cheat code and trigger an auto ban due to addon use.

Basically, most are as safe as can be, but you never know when any given update could change that.
    Answer ✓
  • Azerothwolf73
    Azerothwolf73
    Soul Shriven
    I want to just use ones to locate sky shards, lore books and lost treasures from what I have read here those would all seem safe again thank you for answers.
    Edited by Azerothwolf73 on September 11, 2020 6:25AM
  • webgeo99
    webgeo99
    ✭✭
    Are there ad-for the PS4? And if so, where do I got to get them?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    webgeo99 wrote: »
    Are there ad-for the PS4? And if so, where do I got to get them?

There are no add-ons for consoles or Stadia. The various companies would have to approve them, and they haven't.
    Edited by VaranisArano on September 16, 2020 1:55PM