The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I’m absolutely useless at PVP - any easy easy builds to get me into it. (I can only use 3/4 buttons)

happyhughes2001
happyhughes2001
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I’m useless at pvp. I want to try and get into it but I really struggle.

Because of a condition I can only press between 3/4 buttons constantly. I play on Xbox with elite controller to map some of the buttons to tabs on the back.

Any ideas/help for some simple builds that would give me a chance of staying alive to kill a few and enjoy it a bit.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need to cover a few areas. Defence & Offence.

Passive defence sounds like it might be better, so a defence set / heavy armour etc then you have less buffs to keep up (maybe Chudan as a helm)

Offence a heavy attack build probably wouldn't be a bad thing, like up sets that proc off a heavy attack.

You could try a full Pet Sorc build. Basically then you probably could get away with a Ward, Twilight burst heal, Scamp attack and then heavy attack. Ideally you would want Crit Surge up for damage and heals and pop a Curse down on them. But that's extra buttons.

Pet sorc easy enough on sets, Necropotence then Afiq or Bright Throat or something with spell Damage in now since the patch.

Or Templars, and just run around Jabbing everyone it's kinda OP, do a load of damage whilst healing yourself, easy mode..

Last option is be a bow ganker. It's a one button wonder and Snipe is broken with its desync so you could just sit back, hide and spam a button when you see folks (I've loathed to suggest it as they the scourge of Cyrodiil but.... )
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play the same class that you play in pve, so you know the class. I started with full focus on recovery myself, because whenever i ran out of mag or stam, i was dead. So full recovery sets let me fight longer and counter better and learn. Nowdays i wear damage sets, but in the beginning i woul not have been able play with these sets. You learn to manage resources and stuff later on.

If you are not full cp yet, i'd play no-cp campaing if i were you. I would wear heavy armor defence set there paired with a recovery set and boost damage with mundus and glyphs and stuff.

These worked for me at least in the beginning, but it all depends on your own playstyle, which you will find when you play more.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try heavy attack builds, it's actually a thing now.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also here comes a total pro tip: record your own play and watch afterwards, so you can better see what you could do differently and how to avoid same mistakes.