The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In preparation for macOS Big Sur

demerdecanswrath
demerdecanswrath
✭✭✭
Has anyone tried playing the PS or PTS on macOS Big Sur? Any expected issues aside from the known persisting ones?
Edited by demerdecanswrath on August 15, 2020 8:17AM
Characters:
  • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
  • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
  • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried playing the PS or PTS on macOS Big Sur? Any expected issues aside from the known persisting ones?

Oh! I did not think about this. When is Big Sur releasing?
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running the latest ESO public release on the macOS Big Sur public beta and so far it's fine, except for the long-standing macOS game client issues still being broken. Basically, the game runs the same as on Catalina for me, with lack of fullscreen support, limited/locked resolution, and broken gamepad input. Haven't played long enough to see if there are any crashes. Still waiting for ZOS to fix the resolution, fullscreen, and gamepad input before I get back into actually playing again. But yeah, it works on Big Sur, with all the long standing issues still prevalent.
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    With

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"

being used to prevent an update to Catalina, i expect something along the lines of

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Big Sur"

to also work unless they change the softwareupdate application.

This would only be fore those that do not want to update, though you can reverse this at a later time.

some people prefer not to update right away, which is why i am providing this.

[command]+[shift]+ to open utilities, select terminal, the black icon with the > inside of it, and you can write it out.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    With

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Catalina"

being used to prevent an update to Catalina, i expect something along the lines of

sudo softwareupdate --ignore "macOS Big Sur"

to also work unless they change the softwareupdate application.

This would only be fore those that do not want to update, though you can reverse this at a later time.

some people prefer not to update right away, which is why i am providing this.

[command]+[shift]+[ u ] to open utilities, select terminal, the black icon with the > inside of it, and you can write it out.