Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Class is best suited for new Players?

Torasi
Torasi
✭✭
People will often ask me which class they should play since they're new to the game. My response is always "well it kind of depends", because I honestly don't know which one is easiest to play because I'm just always a tank and that's what I always do. So, how would you answer this question?
Edited by Torasi on April 21, 2014 5:31PM
"Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"

Which Class is best suited for new Players? 107 votes

Templar
36%
Zizxxblazingruntxx_ESOdriosketchMoonchildekrez23vanyelashke_ESOPaladindannymcgr81b14_ESOSaiffcybrsideDezarTreborRisrobertbmilesb14_ESOTraisaSilliab16_ESOrobertsylb16_ESOmcyoung2000b16_ESOcrazycanuckb16_ESOdarvosub17_ESOEMacedo72ub17_ESO 39 votes
Dragonknight
40%
Bwaite43Smayes97_ESOdudeman184ernestndb14_ESOLatinLegacyrogue411M.M.Fuchsb16_ESOMehrArbeitAedhZaldorasRapscallion74Baris_15eb17_ESOjoseph.zhu.jzrwb17_ESOLanatireb17_ESOThatHappyCatmichaelmoser2005ub17_ESOSlasherZetPhaoryxjclementi9Ionlan 43 votes
Sorcerer
15%
kewlfinchch_ESOWillowbloodenragedb14_ESOKer.Rakb16_ESOChelosakisanoskagamingub17_ESODarrettx82ndXylJS83ImmortaIDGVishtrahekellemdrosMasterLanz 17 votes
Nightblade
7%
Altissimusevensen_911b16_ESOlance_lindbergub17_ESOPfalzgrafLustboy90ForebodingEaglePursuitNEWFURY 8 votes
  • Torasi
    Torasi
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I suppose to be more specific, which class is the easiest to play and control?
    "Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"
  • Valthorian1914
    Dragonknight
    Voted Dragonknight because it plays to all my styles very well, but honestly I think all classes are viable to be able to just jump right into. They are all pretty well-balanced, can do most anything regarding weapon skills. I think in the end it just comes down to what the player sees themselves as more than just finding an easy class.
  • LatinLegacy
    LatinLegacy
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Dragonknight is the flavor of the month until changes come. Too many pros with little to no cons.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Dragonknight is the Diablo3 Barbarian of Eso
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Probably better to look at this from a standpoint of which weapon to wield first. In my opinion, all of the classes have the same slope for their learning curve. It's the weapon that takes getting used to for some.

Not afraid to admit that I still haven't been able to kill Doshia with a melee weapon equipped... :(
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    DK, slash slash bam bam, easy as apple pie.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar.

You spam the first spear skill.

I won most of my fights up to lvl 43 by using ONLY this one skill.

With that said , im sure people found combos and other stuff that other better in the templar :P.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Well, it does depend. I'm a new player to MMOs, and I've tried all the classes, but it's the other classes style and skills that didn't appeal to me, and that lead me to be a Templar.

Templar is not as easy as people make it out to be. Sure you have access to healing, but so does the Resto Staff. From the beginning I see Dragonknights and Nightblades having less of a hassle killing mobs of 2 or 3, but still, I wasn't interested in those classes. Templars run out of magicka fast, which leads to running out of health fast, which then leads to running out of stamina, because you're trying to dodge all attacks while you regen magikca and health. Most of your skill points will go into magicka with a Templar build if you are being a true Templar.

I have found combos that work for my Templar but it's still not a walk in the park. The Templar morphed skill Binding Javelin allows you to knock an enemy down for 3 seconds while you attack it with a Resto staff (or other weapon). I choose Resto Staff because it regens magicka on the last hit of a heavy attack. So, I can keep throwing down one Binding Javelin and then Resto Staff. It only really works well when you don't have 3 or more mobs surrounding you.

Anyway, I'm going to vote for Templar, not because it's easy, but because it's what works for this new player of MMOs. :)
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Templar.

Ha! Exactly why I don't like you sunshine throwers... lazy chumps... :p

"QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar.

Ha! Exactly why I don't like you sunshine throwers... lazy chumps... :p

Work smart , not hard :P.

While true , i give it to the other templar supporter guy , healing staff + throwing javelin will win you anyway 1x1 with mobs that take cc.

Edt: Atleast any melee mobs , ranged mobs do have time to get 1/2 hits in each time they fall.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 21, 2014 7:03PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    These polls suck - you can't get the counts unless you vote.

So how is this useful for new players - if they have to vote to get the info? Well you can read the thread ...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Templar.

With that said , im sure people found combos and other stuff that other better in the templar :P.
    This plus the heal. You may be able to build strong, or stronger, and competent characters with other classes, but when it comes to fresh new players, Templars are going to be the most forgiving class to start with.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I say everything BUT nightblade. Class is inconsistent, is very hard to play, and currently about 50% of the skills are broken.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Get the morph GreenDragonBlood and win. If you aspire to be a pvp demigod one day or just the ability to solo any content in the game add the skill reflective scales with vampire.
    Edited by Evergreen on April 21, 2014 8:00PM
  • x82nd
    x82nd
    Sorcerer
    I must just be bad at playing a dragonknight... Out of all my toons I died more while getting him to level 10 then any of my others. At least my sorcerer had a pet and templar healing and that great aoe spear.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer because newbies can play it like a ''classic mage'' of any Generic RPG, just Destro Staff, Light Armor and all the points in Magika, every gamer and I mean literaly every gamer have an idea of how to play a Mage in an RPG... Just use magic and focus on getting more magic resourse, thats all, generic gameplay and easy to understand for new people...