Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alinor Alimande Dance

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This dance that came with the Antiquities system in Greymoor makes for a lovely ballroom style dance. Its hand movements indicate that its for a partner dance but sadly when it comes to the part where you spin the circle isn't wide enough and the two characters run into each other. As hilarious as this is if they made the circle wide enough so that 2 characters doing this dance spun around each other it'd probably be one of the best dances in the game.
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The second I saw this dance after getting it I had the same thought. It looks like it's meant for two people but even if you line up the timing just right, you'll end up spinning right through your partner. It's a little disappointing since they apparently made a group Memento (I haven't seen what it does) but they couldn't designate a dance that looks like it's supposed to be done with someone as a group thing too.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find a bit strange about the dance is the name, actually. "Allemande" derives from the French word "allemand", which means German (it is originally a "German style" dance). Which is obviously a bit weird since there is no Germany on Nirn. Same goes for the Great Dane ( = Danish) dog when there is no Denmark.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    What I find a bit strange about the dance is the name, actually. "Allemande" derives from the French word "allemand", which means German (it is originally a "German style" dance). Which is obviously a bit weird since there is no Germany on Nirn. Same goes for the Great Dane ( = Danish) dog when there is no Denmark.

In the french version of the game this sounds really out-of-context and immersion breaking :sweat_smile:

It is litterally written, like, "Alinor german dance"...
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on September 13, 2020 10:13PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;