The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reveler NPCs; Public RP Buzzkillers

Steffwulf
Steffwulf
This is a very niche issue but one I've had brought up in my guild a number of times: the Revelers NPCs that got shoved in for some holiday thing and are still lingering... they've ruined the ability to host public RP taverns in several places - in particular, the one I find hurts the most is The Ebony Flask in Stonefalls.

The Ebony Flask used to be the only practical Dunmer tavern in the mainland Morrowind zones - had plenty of room, had a proper bar, and a good location (easy access). But when it got crammed full of revelers - it makes the place too crowded and kills the RP immersion. It's been especially frustrating trying to pull together more Morrowind-based public RP but having no decent public place to hold it.

Anyone else not pleased with the "holiday" Reveler NPCs? I know they're other places too, like The Rosy Lion. Also, the fact they're wearing winter festival stuff year round is pretty obnoxious too.... lmao
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably intentional. Taverns are free to use and don’t generate any revenue stream or engagement statistics for ZOS. Making them less appealing for the RP community pushes those players into the housing system as the next best option for creating RP-conducive spaces. Unlike taverns, housing has a purchase model attached and generates eye-watering sums of cash.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's an incredibly lazy thing. I mean, it's a weakness to take off Christmas ornaments before April, all right, but keeping them all year round is a sign of a problem.