The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do I do to stop the UI problems I'm having?

GothicMark
GothicMark
Soul Shriven
OK, I'm at a loss as to how to fix this - I keep getting random UI issues - When I load a character, I may, or may not get a good UI. A lot of the time, I see UI elements missing, for example a slotted potion may show up as an empty black square, or the black compass bar or resource bars are missing. Most of the time it's irritating but I can work around it. But today I tried picking a lock and got this;

lhdspvbp3z39.png

First noticed it this morning, and you can see the problem I hope.... I have tried the recommended fix of deleting all saved data everywhere, and restarting the Xbox. After I got back into the game the UI was OK for a while, but it's now broken again and is unplayable. Tried logging out and back in again but still the same UI issue This seems to have got worse since yesterday's update - but that my be a coincidence?

Anyone got any suggestions as to how to fix this permanently?

XBox : EU Server
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GothicMark

One more step you can take to fix your UI issue would be to try reinstalling ESO on your Xbox. This may help with fixing any missing or corrupted game assets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GothicMark
    GothicMark
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Thanks for the suggestion but that only worked for a few days. I uninstalled the game earlier this week, re-installed it, and the UI seemed OK until this morning where I logged in and got this;

oorr03uxzj8k.png

Apart from the obvious black furnishing items, you'll notice the resource bars are missing, as is the compass bar. I logged out, quit the game, switched the Xbox off and on again, restarted the game and logged in and although that fixed the resource bar and compass bar, the furnishing was still black (exiting the house and going back in fixed that) and I got other issues like the slottable item wheel having no icons, and random elements missing in the crafting menus.

I'm at my wits-end with this - it seems to get worse after each update and although some missing elements are just irritating, in some cases it's making the game unplayable. I really am at the point of cancelling my ESO plus and finding another game to play :(

Any other ideas or suggestions?
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @GothicMark

If you have not already, please be sure to try all of the steps in this article.

If the issues persist after trying these steps, then please open up a ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GothicMark
    GothicMark
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I have already tried the steps in that article. I've now logged a ticket, Thanks for your help!