The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Style/Feature Suggestion: Hiding or invisible armor pieces

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
So...I'm not exacly sure where to put this but I figure money is the biggest motivator for ZOS so I'll leave it here.

My suggestion is an invisible armor style or feature added to the game that hides our armor. If sold as a style ZOS would make more easy money off this than any other product in the crown store. So many people want to hide specific armor pieces like their ugly shoulders, hip guards, and tassets. You could name it Emperor's new clothes and add some lore about how some emperor's court mage decided to prank his emperor.

Or...you could be super cool and just add the ability to hide each armor piece to the outfit station for free. There's video proof that this has already been made, it just needs to be added to the game.

There's a few common yet very flawed arguments against this suggestion.

The first being immersion being broken. The game's immersion was broken a long time ago with the actions of the players and additions to the crown store, if not the crown store itself. Even many of the skins and Nordic Bathing towel do this too. Why not add this so that those of us who like to make cool unique outfits have more flexibility with our creativity. Besides, players pvp, pve, and lounge in the buff all the time already. If we could hide all our armor nothing would really change aside from seeing more cool outfits.

The second argument against this is that this addition to the game is sexually objectifying. Again, there are already plenty of outfits and costumes already in the game that are quite revealing and we can even take all our armor off if we choose. Its even the objective of one of the activities during the New Life festival. 98% of the players don't look at a naked body in ESO and think "thats sexy". Even when we're running around without armor on we're not doing it for sex appeal or to objectify ourselves, we're just doing it for a laugh and having a bit of fun. Besides, we should be allowed to customize our character's appearance as we see if, even if that involved RP'ing as a shirtless werewolf.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a new idea unfortunately, @hexentb16_ESO ... if you do a forums search you'll find a high volume of threads and posts on the topic.

On the plus side, we're pretty sure ZOS is aware of the issue.

It's just a matter of them making the decision to move forward with the idea and implementing it as part of the Outfit overlay.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a new idea unfortunately, @hexentb16_ESO ... if you do a forums search you'll find a high volume of threads and posts on the topic.

On the plus side, we're pretty sure ZOS is aware of the issue.

It's just a matter of them making the decision to move forward with the idea and implementing it as part of the Outfit overlay.

Ah. Well I'm glad they know. I have no regrets over posting this though, even if the subject has already been brought up. I feel that it should be made abundantly clear just how much the playerbase wants this. Thx for the heads up though.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not saying about removing *all* armour but making shoulders and hip plates invisible would be awsome.
    For me 99% of shoulders are very agly, and it is hard to create a normal outfit with them.
    And hip plates are mostly useless, often just flying in the air and disfiguring many good looking armour 😒
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many times I'd love to hide shoulders for a more streamlined look.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    The option of being able to hide shoulder pieces would be amazing! I also think we should have the option to hide tassets & side plating on the waist as well, it's so annoying.

However for now, the closest style to hide shoulder pieces are the honor guard light shoulders since they are almost invisible on some armor styles.