The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Return of the Fire Atronach crates?

Vahlyance
Vahlyance
✭✭✭
Anyone by chance have any sort of clue when they might return?
I need more flame in my life.
『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』

Best Answer

• ZamanShah
    ZamanShah
    ✭✭
    Enough of this, please bring the flame atro crates back.
    Answer ✓
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind, there are still some items I want from that season.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    They release new crown crates content after 3/4 months, right?
    Inbetween that they add 2 past crown crates content to the store (for a limited time) if i'm not mistaken...
    So they should add it with a month interval, give it or take it...
    My prevision is an older one near the end of the month (April) and another one near the end of May, so that new content will be added near the end of June, almost an month after Elsweyr release...

Or i can be completely wrong about it 😰
    Edited by miteba on March 30, 2019 9:51AM
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or something like this, because a month seems too short, and i've confirmed that they cycle quarterly:

- Dragonscale Crown Crates (End of March)
    - Older Crown Crates (May 15th)
    - Older Crown Crates (End of June)
    - "New' Crown Crates (July 15th)

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol just level up some characters. they are part of the level up rewards
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol just level up some characters. they are part of the level up rewards

A whole whopping four.

And you only get them the first time you reach the requisite levels.

OP's question is valid as at the current time, you cannot get any more than these four.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Wodensbeard
    Wodensbeard
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to see Flame atro crates return for another limited run
  • ZamanShah
    ZamanShah
    ✭✭
    I have been waiting for these crates to return.
    Maybe they will this year.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this thread returned, so crates might as well :D
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, YES, YES.

:praisethesun:
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please. I'm saving gems for the Flame Atronach horse now I have the pony pet.

Atronach mounts are okay, TBH. Not exactly out of place in the setting.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This.... this is why greedy practices thrive, because people actively ask to be taken advantage of.

Its time to start asking for crown crate content to be released for direct purchase, instead of asking to be milked for more cash.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This.... this is why greedy practices thrive, because people actively ask to be taken advantage of.

Its time to start asking for crown crate content to be released for direct purchase, instead of asking to be milked for more cash.

I think the Belgian situation shows us what happens there. If crates go the way of the Dodo, I doubt you'll ever be afforded the chance to get anything that was put in them.

Besides, like I said in another thread, if you think thirty quid over three months (One pack of fifteen) is unreasonable, well, I don't know what to say.

I apologise for the fact I am able to control myself.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Belgian situation shows us what happens there. If crates go the way of the Dodo, I doubt you'll ever be afforded the chance to get anything that was put in them.

Besides, like I said in another thread, if you think thirty quid over three months (One pack of fifteen) is unreasonable, well, I don't know what to say.

Its not about the price....... I buy lots of crowns, but for the purpose of housing, and the occasional cosmetic/pet purchase.

THE ISSUE is selling a chance, regardless of if you think its "gambling" or not. Not the price (although, yes, prices are also predatory and unreasonable). Content should be offered in an honest manner: via direct purchase. And the more people continue to think crates are okay, the longer we are delaying meaningful, necessary change.

It literally makes no sense to be pro crate. Why cheat yourself the opportunity to get what you want? Why actively support the ability for others to take your money, and only offer you a chance at what you want?

Especially when it feels like all that money just goes straight into someones pockets, instead of getting used to improve the game...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not about the price....... I buy lots of crowns, but for the purpose of housing, and the occasional cosmetic/pet purchase.

THE ISSUE is selling a chance, regardless of if you think its "gambling" or not. Not the price (although, yes, prices are also predatory and unreasonable). Content should be offered in an honest manner: via direct purchase. And the more people continue to think crates are okay, the longer we are delaying meaningful, necessary change.

It literally makes no sense to be pro crate. Why cheat yourself the opportunity to get what you want? Why actively support the ability for others to take your money, and only offer you a chance at what you want?

Especially when it feels like all that money just goes straight into someones pockets, instead of getting used to improve the game...

Games of chance are as old as Humanity itself.

Dice have existed for millennia.

I know some people aren't going to understand it, and that's fine. But I actually enjoy taking the very occasional punt at chance. It's not about the rewards for me. I'm just satisfying a pretty basic human curiosity.

Basically, knowing exactly what you get does get boring, eventually. With a lot of self-control like I practice, I really see nothing wrong with these things. It's pretty primal, to be honest. And I do feel a little primal engagement is healthy.

Now with that said. Could there be a disclaimer pop-up stating on purchase that nothing is a given when buying them? Yes, absolutely. There is no problem with more information. But I am a responsible buyer myself, because as I have said, if you consider thirty quid every three months to be crazy, well I don't know what to tell you.

I guess it's just fun to see how fate turns out, every now and then. I don't think there's anything wrong with this.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know some people aren't going to understand it, and that's fine. But I actually enjoy taking the very occasional punt at chance. It's not about the rewards for me. I'm just satisfying a pretty basic human curiosity.

Basically, knowing exactly what you get does get boring, eventually. With a lot of self-control like I practice, I really see nothing wrong with these things. It's pretty primal, to be honest. And I do feel a little primal engagement is healthy.

Now with that said. Could there be a disclaimer pop-up stating on purchase that nothing is a given when buying them? Yes, absolutely. There is no problem with more information. But I am a responsible buyer myself, because as I have said, if you consider thirty quid every three months to be crazy, well I don't know what to tell you.

I guess it's just fun to see how fate turns out, every now and then. I don't think there's anything wrong with this.

Good for you and your self control. Its part of the reason these practices are still around. If you truly enjoy games of chance, you shouldn't find it in a video game. That's my point. Gambling and its many incarnates need to stay out of the video game world, for countless reasons. And just because you enjoy throwing money at a chance at something, doesn't mean the rest of us should be subject to the same manipulation.

Are you saying you would like to purchase clothes in the same manner? Go to your favorite clothing shop only to buy grab bags, no telling if its even your gender clothing, the right season of clothing, or even the right size? What about groceries, and only buying a produce crate, or a snack crate, etc.?

Crates are a trend that needs to die.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good for you and your self control. Its part of the reason these practices are still around. If you truly enjoy games of chance, you shouldn't find it in a video game. That's my point. Gambling and its many incarnates need to stay out of the video game world, for countless reasons. And just because you enjoy throwing money at a chance at something, doesn't mean the rest of us should be subject to the same manipulation.

Are you saying you would like to purchase clothes in the same manner? Go to your favorite clothing shop only to buy grab bags, no telling if its even your gender clothing, the right season of clothing, or even the right size? What about groceries, and only buying a produce crate, or a snack crate, etc.?

That clothing and groceries comment is a massive goal post shift, and one that makes absolutely no sense here. It has nothing to do with the discussion here, as we're talking about entertainment products, not essential goods for basic living. We can discuss that when the supermarkets stop selling loose vegetables and only supply them in locked boxes with random content. I somehow doubt that is going to happen...

If these crates had anything you have to have to play the game, or give you any kind of advantage in content like dungeons or PvP, you would have a point with your concerns, I think.

But they don't. I am sorry but everything in these crates are just skins. They aren't going to make you any better at the game or improve your loot, or anything else.

Alright, you might argue that there are those potions and foods.

All of those are outclassed by things players can craft. (Ironically, crafting them is actually a lot more efficient too, and there's always stacks for sale if you'd rather other players do that work. It's fine to go that way too. I do so often.)

Maybe, maybe the scrolls are something that have a real impact on your game progression. Namely the higher grade experience scrolls. Only 50% buff scrolls are readily available for Crowns at all times. But after an hour those are gone forever anyway.

Honestly? If people can't ignore what amounts to a skin, I don't really know what can be done to help them out.

Maybe I just think far too logically for my own good. Because the way I see it, if I don't get what I want, I don't get it, and then move on, not even remotely annoyed or upset. It's not going to change my abilities in the game. I am still going to be playing the game the same way as ever. That LVL 10 reward horse is still just as fast as any crate mount.

As said, I don't spend my thirty quid each three months for the stuff inside. I just do so to satisfy a pretty basic human quirk. And unlike going to a bookkeeper's , I actually do get *something* no matter what. I'm afraid the question of if we are satisfied with that return is entirely subjective. There is no fixed value for video game items. You can't exchange them for things like, oh I don't know... Clothing or groceries?
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That clothing and groceries comment is a massive goal post shift, and one that makes absolutely no sense here. It has nothing to do with the discussion here, as we're talking about entertainment products, not essential goods for basic living. We can discuss that when the supermarkets stop selling loose vegetables and only supply them in locked boxes with random content. I somehow doubt that is going to happen...

If these crates had anything you have to have to play the game, or give you any kind of advantage in content like dungeons or PvP, you would have a point with your concerns, I think.

But they don't. I am sorry but everything in these crates are just skins. They aren't going to make you any better at the game or improve your loot, or anything else.

Alright, you might argue that there are those potions and foods.

All of those are outclassed by things players can craft. (Ironically, crafting them is actually a lot more efficient too, and there's always stacks for sale if you'd rather other players do that work. It's fine to go that way too. I do so often.)

Maybe, maybe the scrolls are something that have a real impact on your game progression. Namely the higher grade experience scrolls. Only 50% buff scrolls are readily available for Crowns at all times. But after an hour those are gone forever anyway.

Honestly? If people can't ignore what amounts to a skin, I don't really know what can be done to help them out.

Maybe I just think far too logically for my own good. Because the way I see it, if I don't get what I want, I don't get it, and then move on, not even remotely annoyed or upset. It's not going to change my abilities in the game. I am still going to be playing the game the same way as ever. That LVL 10 reward horse is still just as fast as any crate mount.

As said, I don't spend my thirty quid each three months for the stuff inside. I just do so to satisfy a pretty basic human quirk. And unlike going to a bookkeeper's , I actually do get *something* no matter what. I'm afraid the question of if we are satisfied with that return is entirely subjective. There is no fixed value for video game items. You can't exchange them for things like, oh I don't know... Clothing or groceries?

Your logic appears to be missing the point again. Why should a cosmetic item being sold for chance, or fruits being sold for chance, be any different than pay-to-win items being sold for chance??? Items. Are. Still. Being. Sold. As a chance.

You poked holes in your own logic. Items, regardless of what they are, are being sold as a chance, and that is the problem that needs to be addressed. Get your fix from lottery tickets, or at a casino, not a video game. There are plenty of other issues with this concept, just look at literally any anti-crate thread.

And yes, my response is entirely on topic. No, do not bring fire atronach crates back. Remove them. And all crates.

Whether or not you get what you want IS THE ISSUE. Continue to subject yourself to something that works to your disadvantage. The majority of us do NOT like the idea of someone taking our money, and offering us a chance at what we want.

"Honestly? If people can't ignore what amounts to a skin, I don't really know what can be done to help them out." And recognizing your own opinion, while dismissing others, is quite convenient. You yourself spoke about subjectivity. Others want those skins. Those mounts. Those furnishings. Those [anything]. And in case you haven't noticed, more and more items are going into crates, and bypassing direct purchase. You are the minority, wanting the "unexpected." Most sane people understand that it is morally questionable to sell a chance for a product.