The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED] Q: What happened to the other (older?) tutorial zones? Can I still use them as tutorial?

Eternicus
Eternicus
Soul Shriven
Hello,
You might think 'it's just a tutorial zone, why would you care', but I wonder what happened to the previous zones. Last week I made new toons, all from different races, but all tutorials except for 1 start in an icy zone that leads to Solutide area. I got one that starts in Elsweyr (I think?).

I remember three other tutorial zones that I'm unable to start, have these been replaced by newer tutorials?:
- One is where I wake up on a ship, and that tutorial leads to a town with a sandy beach area.
- One is where I'm in the world of the dead (?) and there is an old crazy beardy man with a weird helmet. At the end of the tutorial some mage rewards me with my first shard.
- One is of which I only remember that it leads to a zone with alots of Khajit who work on Skooma fields. There are pirate gangs as well.

I'm making new toons (again), and I'm interested in playing these other tutorial zones if possible, because 6 toons playing the same tutorial gets kinda boring :). I know I can skip tutorial, but I often find some cooking/brewing recipes while playing the tutorials so I prefer to play them.

- Eternicus
Edited by Eternicus on September 10, 2020 1:48AM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so there are following tutorials:
    • Base game - the one with old crazy beardy man (Cadwell) in Coldharbour
    • Morrowind - the one with the ship
    • Summerset - glowy mind stuff
    • Elsweyr - lots of Khajiit
    • Greymoor - icy place, nice vampire guy

You have two tutorials available at any given moment: the one from the latest chapter you have and the base game one. Base game tutorial quest and a skyshard are always available during main questline.
    You can't play through Morrowind, Summerset or Elsweyr tutorials if you own Greymoor. In Morrowind you can play "Breaking Through the Fog" that is similar to tutorial.
    Edited by Nairinhe on September 8, 2020 10:08PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, two of the scenarios you describe sound more like the base game 'starter Isla ds' rather than a tutorial area, specifically Stros M'Kai and Khenarthi's Roost. Both of these are islands you are transported to after the first part of the main quest (whether as a tutorial or not). They are areas with multiple simple quests, no delves or world bosses. They don't have the tutorial features explaining specific actions like blocking, interrupting,etc.
  • Eternicus
    Eternicus
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone for the info! It's been some time since I played ESO, and never got very far. And creating new toons every time I thought to try it again. So indeed that must be why I had different tutorials while ESO got more expansions.

Fortunately this time I'm having a great time because I stopped playing other MMOs. I got my full focus on ESO :)