The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you do with Master Writs?

Grey17
Grey17
✭✭✭
I'm in a quandary with what to do with my numerous Master Writs I have gathered over time.

All my Alts are level 50, so I have no need of the Alchemy or Enchanting ones to power level an alt. I have bought all the items I want from Rolis & Faustina, and my guild has all the crafting tables that I would ever need. Besides the Alchemy & Enchanting master writs, I'm not getting much of a bite for them selling them off in the Guild Trader either.

I tried doing some Target Dummies, but that item is a flooded market, and profit margins are so low it isn't really viable to make them on an on-going basis. So what does one do with all those Woodwork/Clothier/Blacksmith master writs that are beginning to give me serious inventory issues?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did most of them until this spring but I decided it's more profitable to sell them, since I've done the [Unsurpassed Crafter] achievement on all 12 active characters, and I have around 77.5k vouchers sitting in bank. So now what I get from the daily crafting writs gets listed straight away on guild stores. Most gear master writs sell at about 200-300 gold per voucher - except legendary clothier and epic woodworker which are more like 50-100 due to the high price of wax and mastic respectively. Provisioning is slightly higher, up to 800, and some alchemy and enchanting ones have really risen in price recently, for example I can sell 2 voucher alchemy writs for 3.5k gold (1750 gold per voucher) and 5 voucher ones for 7.5K (1500 gold per voucher). Maybe because they don't require any research and the materials are relatively cheap, even under 100 gold per voucher. Also I've heard some players grind XP using those.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Thank-you, that was my conclusion as well.

Not much else to do with them is there? Be nice if you could convert them to Crowns, but I guess that would just inflate the raw materials ten fold.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you can, just buy something that people who sell crowns want, then make the exchange, preferably on a reputable Discord :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have mine stored in chests and on my crafter. I've tried selling them, with no luck. A lot of them just stay in my mailbox from not having anywhere else to put them. For the alchemy or enchanting, I'll put them in a guild bank or just destroy them.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grey17 wrote: »
    I'm in a quandary with what to do with my numerous Master Writs I have gathered over time.

All my Alts are level 50, so I have no need of the Alchemy or Enchanting ones to power level an alt. I have bought all the items I want from Rolis & Faustina, and my guild has all the crafting tables that I would ever need. Besides the Alchemy & Enchanting master writs, I'm not getting much of a bite for them selling them off in the Guild Trader either.

I tried doing some Target Dummies, but that item is a flooded market, and profit margins are so low it isn't really viable to make them on an on-going basis. So what does one do with all those Woodwork/Clothier/Blacksmith master writs that are beginning to give me serious inventory issues?

As you say small ones to power level skills etc.

Large ones I do and hoard vouchers hoping for a high value item to come along and convert to gold
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell or hoard the alchemy and enchanting ones depending on prices other people will pay for power leveling vs. possible future use in resppecing one of my characters.

I sell the provisioning ones.

I destroy almost all the jewelry ones.

I donate the clothing/woodworking/blacksmithing ones with low per-writ fulfilment costs to my guildmaster, who has various uses for writ vouchers and generally for items of value.

I hoard the ones with high fulfilment costs in the hope that market conditions will someday change.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do alchemy and enchanting ones for tickets, sell the rest. Well not jewelery crafting ones, thankfully my addon automatically copies "DESTROY" in the TXT field for those :)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did one really high gold JC one for tickets, but that was about all. Most of those don't make enough to make them worthwhile at all.

I have been trying to sell them for 1-3K gold recently, but I am not sure it is worth the time/effort to do that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I find some of the jewellery ones the best *for me* to make, 193 writs for purple are common, I love the 27 for blue as so much cheap jewels get sold on GT for me to buy and decon, and dolmen running yields plenty of blue jewels also. It may not be the cheapest but I find them the easiest to build up writs at no *cost* to me. The only cost is what I could sell for not what I actually spend.

*edit*
    Just to add, only arcane / robust etc, no additional costs from infused traits etc.
    Edited by AshfieldLad on September 9, 2020 9:51AM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one loves doing writs. He has done enough to buy most attunable sets via vouchers (he only had to purchase perhaps 10 sets worth of attunables for gold to complete his collection + 3 sets worth for final dlc this year) as well as transmute and nearly all recipes available. He has stockpile of around 10k vouchers, and is considering setting up another crafting house full of stations :).

With recent announcement that 18 character slots is apparently going to be max for foreseeable future, this one also burned through approx 300 sealed alchemy writs he had stockpiled, and perhaps 150 enchant writs.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions