The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can Two PCs take on non-CP Imperial City Dungeons?

juliandracos
juliandracos
✭✭
My wife and I are leveling up a couple of toons together. We are both fairly new. I see the upcoming event has 4 man dungeons instead of delves. I am just wondering if the two of us together would have a reasonable chance of completing the dungeon quests?

Since this will be asked, the classes are nightblade and warden.
  • SFxxKANExx
    SFxxKANExx
    ✭✭
    No, especially as a beginner you need 4 man even on normal. The mechanics or not that easy and you need the holy trinity of healer, tank and two dps. Dungeons are different to delves - the difficulty is much higher and different roles are needed. When you are more experienced it might be different with enough self healing you can run many dungeons even on veteran level with 3 dps and one tank (if the dps is high enough >30.000 damage per second for each DPS player is a minimal threshold for this). Concerning the event : both dungeons are fun and challenging - enjoy.
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    That is disappointing. When I was level 48, prior to the sorcerer nerf, I could solo everything in The Banished Cells I except for the bosses. I came close, so I was hoping that two PCs could be enough.

I will ask around in the guild to see if we can get the necessary roles. If not, then I guess we will try PvP or skip the event.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing lost if you both give it a go. The worst that can happen is you both get killed. At CP 150, with the right builds you will be able to solo the easy dungeons. There are some good builds out there. I started a second account to run a Hack the Minotaur magsorc solo build from level 160, and soloed the easy dungeons no problem. I just wanted to see how it would work on a low CP character. You just need high self heals or health regens and shields (the magical kind not the physical ones). I have been playing the game on my main account for a few years no, so had the advantage of having a good Idea of how things work. But if you both want to plat together just give everything a go. At the end of the day nothing is lost, so just enjoy the challenge. If it doesn't work out, come back at a later date and try again.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC dungeons are totally duo-able, but we were most likely at CP levels (but not full CP) when we did it
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    We ended up doing the daily quest. We managed to get it done easily. There was a lot of PvP. We died a few times from the constant zergs. We managed to kill those that tried to gank us. They kept making the mistake of going to the DPS, instead of me who was healing. We came from PvP games, so this was not a big deal. We just don't like to deal with gankers while doing PvE content. It was fun, but PvP in other games is much better.

I will see about us trying one of the dungeons. The wait times might be an issue. Even if we cannot get in, the fact that easy dungeons can be soloable means we will try doing that content. I will just have to look up what dungeons are easy.

• old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can travel to group dungeons directly via Wayshrines if there is just the two of you. Don't forget to group up to share the loot.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A group (duo or otherwise) that finds Selene's Web to be super-easy would probably find White-Gold Tower or Imperial City Dungeon to be manageable.

If Selene's Web is hard enough to keep you on your toes, then the IC dungeons will be really tough challenges at best.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ended up doing the daily quest. We managed to get it done easily. There was a lot of PvP. We died a few times from the constant zergs. We managed to kill those that tried to gank us. They kept making the mistake of going to the DPS, instead of me who was healing. We came from PvP games, so this was not a big deal. We just don't like to deal with gankers while doing PvE content. It was fun, but PvP in other games is much better.

I will see about us trying one of the dungeons. The wait times might be an issue. Even if we cannot get in, the fact that easy dungeons can be soloable means we will try doing that content. I will just have to look up what dungeons are easy.

IC is a special kind of PvP. Blame it on the Telvar as killing a player nets the Stones. So, players get a certain thrill from this that goes beyond the normal winning a fight. Out in the rest of Cyrodiil, you will find more of what you expect PvP to be.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    A group (duo or otherwise) that finds Selene's Web to be super-easy would probably find White-Gold Tower or Imperial City Dungeon to be manageable.

If Selene's Web is hard enough to keep you on your toes, then the IC dungeons will be really tough challenges at best.

Thanks. I will take a look at it.
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

IC is a special kind of PvP. Blame it on the Telvar as killing a player nets the Stones. So, players get a certain thrill from this that goes beyond the normal winning a fight. Out in the rest of Cyrodiil, you will find more of what you expect PvP to be.

Telvar is not part of Cyrodiil PvP? Are there other rewards did doing PvP in Cyrodiil then?

In IC, what I have done is not looted the quest rewards that give me Telvar. That way, those who kill me hardly get any stones. Once I have enough to buy something, then I will open up them up and spend it.

Last night, there was a group that didn't attack until after the mobs that agroed on us were dead. That was nice of them. None of the other groups were that nice. It is not as though 2 of us are going to be able to take our 4-12 or them at a time.

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the IC daily quests are not at super high risk for PvP and can sometimes be done without encountering any enemy players. I usually do them in stealth mode. Depending on the time of day, people may be more focused on getting their daily done quickly than on fighting other players so even if someone stumbles across you they may be in a hurry themselves and just move off. If you are in a hurry and don't have time to do a bunch of PvP stuff or a dungeon, the stealth-worthy dailies might be quickest.

I just bank my Tel Var as soon as I get them. Since I avoid mobs and don't kill them or other players, I guarantee that if someone goes after me they get nothing out of it except the satisfaction of having inconvenienced someone for a minute.
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    I found one quest that is generally much easier to do. The main issue last night was my side had no parts claimed and we didn't have a large number of people fighting. There was a large group in the sewer, but not idea what was going on topside. The reason this was an issue is that the other sides camped all of the quest locations and were killing people off as they were trying to do quests. Not such an issue on Thursday because there were lots of us out making it possible to fight back. That was not the case last night.

I had no idea you could bank Tel Var. I will make sure to do this to avoid any losses and free up some backpack space.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telvar is not part of Cyrodiil PvP? Are there other rewards did doing PvP in Cyrodiil then?

In IC, what I have done is not looted the quest rewards that give me Telvar. That way, those who kill me hardly get any stones. Once I have enough to buy something, then I will open up them up and spend it.

Last night, there was a group that didn't attack until after the mobs that agroed on us were dead. That was nice of them. None of the other groups were that nice. It is not as though 2 of us are going to be able to take our 4-12 or them at a time.

The Scourge of Telvar only exists in IC. That group that waited until the Mobs were dead were simply waiting for you to Farm your Telvar from the Mobs so they could Farm your Telvar from you. Hardly what I would call polite.

For the rest of Cyrodiil, it is AP (Alliance Points) and Rewards of the Worthy, which are containers you get as you go along. You need at least 10K AP to get one, and the more AP you do, the more boxes you get. AP can also be spent on items in Cyrodiil, and a couple of Vendors in the regular zones like near the Battleground Camp.

AP is also how you level the Alliance Skill Lines and your Alliance Rank.You earn AP from Player Kills (not so much), Resource and Keep Captures (quite a bit) and Defense of a Keep. Also, quests and dailies can reward AP. Grab all the dailies as you venture out. Be prepared to drop a Keep Daily if your group has one for the Keep you are about to Capture.
    Edited by Nestor on September 7, 2020 10:20AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I are leveling up a couple of toons together. We are both fairly new. (...)

Just don't forget that all DLC dungeons on normal difficulty have a minimum character requirement of level 45.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and IC is cramped especially during event prime time then servers are filled.
    During off hours in the event it looks like each faction select each own server, else its much more fewer players.

Cyrodil is much more open so you are unlikely to run into enemies unless you want an fight.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    The reason I said there wer p
    My wife and I are leveling up a couple of toons together. We are both fairly new. (...)

Just don't forget that all DLC dungeons on normal difficulty have a minimum character requirement of level 45.

So, since IC is technically DLC, then we would not be able to do the dungeons because we are not 45. When I pull up the menu to port, it gives us the option of IC or White-Gold Tower. We have not tried porting there or walking in yet.