The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Suggestion- Solo 'narrative' dungeon mode

Jamaroo172
Jamaroo172
✭✭
Dungeons in ESO are incredibly well crafted, with visually unique areas as well as stories contained within them. unfortunately I find it almost impossible to follow any of the quest narrative as the rest of the team either runs off ahead or screams at you for taking too long. and once you do the quest you can't do it again. Sadly meaning players cannot dive deeper into the detail and narrative that goes into these dungeons.

This is more important with the later DLC dungeons which have a more concentrated narrative that sometimes ties in with ongoing main-game story events (like Icereach connects to Greymoor for example)

So i suggest a different take on dungeons with an alternate mode being a narrative focused mode that can be done solo purely for soaking in the story and observing the art and detail that goes into these dungeons and being relaxed while doing so.

This does have to meet certain criteria to prevent any means of farming or easy gear acquisition, this is ONLY intended for narrative so the following will need to be addressed;

- Players will receive NO gear drops whatsoever from these modes, as well as item drops are scaled down. if you want sets you will need to do the proper dungeons.

-Enemies do not provide XP (prevents easy farming)

-Chests and Heavy Sacks do not spawn

-enemy damage and hitpoints are rescaled, in line with the enemies you would find in regular solo story missions (but hopefully with a small measure of challenge)

-Group mechanics changed or removed, regular mechanics still remain to encourage a better challenge.

-Quests are independent of normal/veteran dungeon quests. same story but do not consume your gear and skill point by doing the regular dungeon quest.

-Quests offer no or minimal reward (handful of gold perhaps at most) but can be repeated as many times as the player wishes.

-This mode is intended for a single player to complete, however other grouped players may join instance (to either relax together, or discuss mechanics and help newer players get a 'lay of the land' before marching into the real thing.

-unlike all other dungeons, these will not be level locked and are open for use right away!

Adding this mode hopefully won't cause any harm to the game, and will give players new opportunities to explore and understand the stories dungeons have to offer! Depending on how successful this would be, it can always be scaled to Trials as well.

Love to hear thoughts and opinions on this!

Take Care!

Jamaroo
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It already exists; it’s called normal mode.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This horse is, unfortunately, long dead and Mr. Finnigan said in QuakeCon interview that there are no plant to add solo mode, IIRC
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

You do realise that many players are unable to solo DLC dungeons which happen to contain a chunk of the years story, right?
    You do realise that there are dungeons that cannot be soloed due to mechanics, right?
  • Jamaroo172
    Jamaroo172
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

You do realise that many players are unable to solo DLC dungeons which happen to contain a chunk of the years story, right?
    You do realise that there are dungeons that cannot be soloed due to mechanics, right?

And adding to that, you cannot simply repeat the the story of these dungeons....which is the sole and only reason why i suggested this in the first place had he of read anything further than the title.....
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    This is something that I would love to see. I was just thinking the other day how I no longer get to enjoy these quests and stories that come along with the dungeons as everyone is in an insane rush to get it done when you join a party. Something solo just to run through and experience the actually story would be nice. For such a lore rich game, it's a crying shame to let it all go to waste.
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea! I’m almost exclusively a solo player and I would love to be able do some of the dungeons that usually need a group, even if they don’t drop much.
  • derpy_cat1234
    derpy_cat1234
    ✭✭✭

Wow... Its almost like this MMO is designed with some grouping in mind. Its like the devs want you to interract with other players in 0.00001% of content. I know, how dare they suggest something that farfetched from the MMO genre.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dimitrisp1 wrote: »

Wow... Its almost like this MMO is designed with some grouping in mind. Its like the devs want you to interract with other players in 0.00001% of content. I know, how dare they suggest something that farfetched from the MMO genre.

How does solo mode hurts you personally?
    It doesn't, so I hope all you "ermahgerd, just group" crowd just re-read all what there was said in many threads about why grouping is an uncomfortable solution (coordination, social anxiety, not much people are there good enough to carry a potato through normal DLC and wait for them, for starters), pull your head out from where sun doesn't shine and stick you "just group" in there instead.
    Edited by Nairinhe on September 7, 2020 10:04AM