The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Necromancer's Skeletal Arcanist (pvp)

Greek_Hellspawn
Greek_Hellspawn
✭✭✭✭
Skeletal Arcanist is pretty underperforming as a morph, here are my points.
1. Pretty expensive for just a dot.
2. Pretty weak for a dot that doesn't offer anything more other than damage.(no buffs/debuffs)
3. The range of the aoe is if not the smallest, one of the smallest in all the abilities of the game (4m).
In my opinion this morph could use a buff, speaking from a pvp perspective magcro needs some love, not that the other classes don't but i am just speaking for magcro this post.
My ideas on how to buff this ability.
1. Decrease the cost.
2. Increase the damage.
3. This is the most important imo increase the range of the impact.
4. Make it so it either gives a buff to the caster (major sorcery would be nice and fit the skill) or make it apply a debuff to the opponent.
I am obviously not saying that all of the above suggestions should happen but i think at least one if not two would be pretty good for magcro and wouldn't make it overperforming.
Thoughts?
Edited by Greek_Hellspawn on April 27, 2020 9:08PM
  • Selot
    Selot
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Magcro is underperforming.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small quibble but it's not technically a DoT.

It's individual pips of Direct Damage and is buffed by Master-At-Arms.

Not that any of that undermined any of what you say, in fact, it likely strengthens it.

I love your idea of the skill providing a buff or de-buff. Applying Magickasteal or Minor Breach to the target would certainly be welcome for PvP as would providing Major Sorcery.

The cleave of the skill is also completely useless and is tawdry next to the escalating damage that the Stamina morph receives. Yet another instance of Stamina getting the good morph and Magicka getting left with half-baked design leftovers.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still haven't adjusted magicka blastbones, I wouldn't hold your breath on meaningful magcro changes. They used up their magcro meeting time on the change to grave grasp.
    Edited by AMeanOne on September 7, 2020 12:56AM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd approach this 'fix' in multiple ways.

The first is a direct buff to the arcanist. Change the current attack into a channeled tether instead. This would be a minor change overall but would help slightly by enlarging the AE radius because the tether would damage targets between the mage and the target as well as things around the target. The tether is also more thematic with the necromancer in general.

I would then make it so any player standing within the tether would gain a buff. Something like Minor Sorcery for example.

Another layer to this would be through grave grasp. No one uses this skill and after the changes last patch, it's even more useless than it was prior.

I would have the base skill work as adervtised now where the first circle snares, the second circle, immobs, and the third circle will stun.

One morph would shuffle this so the first circle now immobs, the second circle now stuns, and the third circle could do something like a large DOT or something.

The other morph however is relevant to your original argument. Currently it gives our minions empower. I would suggest this skill no longer shoot 3 circles and would instead have a moderate duration, persistent circle centered on the caster. It would snare all things in it like the current first circle and would also empower our pets within it. this would then basically be a persistent damage increase to both the mage and archer and also a damage increase to the blast bones perhaps.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major brutality/sorcery for their equivalent morph would be nice.
    But what it make it useless for me is their randomness.
    As a stamcro it's less annoying but as magcro it's a wasted slot in pvp.