The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Simmer frenzy alternatives for bow/2h stamblade?

mrwizardguy
I know a lot of nightblade snipers use simmering frenzy but I personally don’t like the idea of eating all my health for the sake of killing one target.

Are there alternative skills I could run instead? Maybe a finisher like poison injection? Meditate?

Or maybe there’s some strategy to staying alive with it I don’t understand?

**For reference look up alcast’s silencium build. This is essentially what i’m building minus simmering frenzy.
Edited by mrwizardguy on August 31, 2020 2:07AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use turn evil for another weapon damage buff. it gives %3 more weapon damage though i dont know what will be the tooltip when you are all buffed. Also you can use it to aoe stun if they chase you around.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are targets that you straight up cannot kill without simmering frenzy + titanborn strength. The key to staying alive with it is to fire from safe positions so your hp never matters. You must always kill your target or flee if the combo fails to crit!!!! A dead man cannot finish you off, even at 1hp. Don't look at running away as defeat or cowardly, think of it as your only defense(because it actually is). Its no more cowardly then shield spamming, running with a zerg, or stacking resistances.

I like to use meditate instead of vigor since if you are playing right, you never need in combat heals and you can control how much hp it heals so you don't go over 50%. Plus gank builds have bad stam regen, so meditate helps with that immensely. Just make sure you go somewhere out of sight before using it because it unstealths you.

I remember the pre simmering frenzy and titanborn strength days as being pretty lousy for gankers. You couldn't kill any good players and killing noobs is easy with any build. Now I can kill the "good players" just as easy as noobs and they seethe so hard because they think they are safe. Hate messages are better then all the ap/telvar stones in the world. I would highly suggest you get used to simmering frenzy and you will learn to love it.

I guess you could use the sheer venom + venomous smite build if you really can't stand simmering frenzy, but that will likely be nerfed into the ground.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • mrwizardguy
    There are targets that you straight up cannot kill without simmering frenzy + titanborn strength. The key to staying alive with it is to fire from safe positions so your hp never matters. You must always kill your target or flee if the combo fails to crit!!!! A dead man cannot finish you off, even at 1hp. Don't look at running away as defeat or cowardly, think of it as your only defense(because it actually is). Its no more cowardly then shield spamming, running with a zerg, or stacking resistances.

I like to use meditate instead of vigor since if you are playing right, you never need in combat heals and you can control how much hp it heals so you don't go over 50%. Plus gank builds have bad stam regen, so meditate helps with that immensely. Just make sure you go somewhere out of sight before using it because it unstealths you.

I remember the pre simmering frenzy and titanborn strength days as being pretty lousy for gankers. You couldn't kill any good players and killing noobs is easy with any build. Now I can kill the "good players" just as easy as noobs and they seethe so hard because they think they are safe. Hate messages are better then all the ap/telvar stones in the world. I would highly suggest you get used to simmering frenzy and you will learn to love it.

I guess you could use the sheer venom + venomous smite build if you really can't stand simmering frenzy, but that will likely be nerfed into the ground.

I’ve been experimenting with meditate as well and I like it. I’ve also found that rally can supplement the heal from vigor a bit.