Suggestion: Furnishing deconstruction

LADYKiLLER
LADYKiLLER
✭✭✭
Houses are being dedicated to furnishing storage and de facto "IKEA" set-ups in several guilds I am in, due to a build up of furnishing over multiple cycles of building -> tear down -> reconstruction. The older the player, the more furnishing items it seems they have gathered and cannot get rid of.

Deconning would be a great solution to the huge amount of furnishings that aren't easily sold or given away, and would be super helpful in the gathering of hard-to-find materials like mundane runes and decorative wax.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Zos permitted this it would be limited to crafted furniture. I say this with a high degree of confidence as players would complain they were able to decon furniture they paid a good sum of the crowns, hence real-world money, to obtain. That also means any furniture that can be purchased with crowns and crafted in-game/purchased from a vendor would likely be off-limits to this idea unless Zos had already created different unique identifiers for each source.

I do not know how much falls into the middle area there or what percentage of excess furnishings players have that are crown store related. and that information would make the difference between this idea bringing great relief to players. I just know my home is furnished mostly with items that were not crafted.

BTW, I am not arguing against the idea. The very reason we can decon everything we can craft that is not a consumable except furniture is reason enough that we should be able to decon crafted furniture. That is pure and simple logic with no reason for Zos not to make it happen.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id love to be able to decon furniture! especially because i often craft stuff just to test it out in houses and then stash it in a random 'warehouse' because it didnt work out, and now have hundreds of test items i wish i could get back the raw materials from :/
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • RubyKnight
    RubyKnight
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of deconning furniture!
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need this! I have so many rooms just full of stacked furniture (because my bank is already full).

I don't mind if you can deconstruct furniture that was purchased either. The only other option is to mindlessly select one by one and destroy it. You can already accidentally decon gear you didnt mean to, I don't see that as any reason you shouldn't be able to decon furniture.

Maybe an NPC in towns that accepts furniture from you? Or an additional tab on stations to decon only furnishings that are made at that station? Many ways this can be implemented.
  • LADYKiLLER
    LADYKiLLER
    ✭✭✭
    Or an additional tab on stations to decon only furnishings that are made at that station?

Perfect implementation idea, imo.