The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grouping in Cyrodiil

Bosco916
Bosco916
✭✭✭
ZOS should remove the grouping function of Cyrodiil. Make it so nobody can group and rework all group-affecting abilities to affect X number of players in X meter radius.
"How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
--The King of Worms
  • SFxxKANExx
    SFxxKANExx
    ✭✭
    Why?
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    .....smh the whole point of Cyrodil is for large scale pvp. You take out the ability to group and it just becomes chaos with no organization whatsoever. Maybe give a reason as to why you think this?
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    Dat wrote: »
    .....smh the whole point of Cyrodil is for large scale pvp. You take out the ability to group and it just becomes chaos with no organization whatsoever. Maybe give a reason as to why you think this?

The point would be to make it more like a war. In medieval type war movies, the skirmishes in battle are definitely not Xv1, but rather multiple 1v1’s throughout. Players would still be able to chat via PS party chat so there could still be some semblance of organization.
    --The King of Worms
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosco916 wrote: »

The point would be to make it more like a war. In medieval type war movies, the skirmishes in battle are definitely not Xv1, but rather multiple 1v1’s throughout. Players would still be able to chat via PS party chat so there could still be some semblance of organization.

lol wat

Despite what you may think, Thermopylae was not an epic 1vX.

What you see in movies and TV is not indicative of medieval warfare in the slightest.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this is MMO it will be difficult if people not allowed to group up.
    The thing about pvp is that we will always die no matter how good we are and we have to accept that. This is different than pve where we rarely die.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just.. no. You haven't played enough PvP or experienced proper tactical play / small scale.

Removing group would be the same trash effect it's had on battlegrounds.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    No. Just.. no. You haven't played enough PvP or experienced proper tactical play / small scale.

I like the effect it’s had on Battlegrounds.
    --The King of Worms
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Bosco916 wrote: »

lol wat

Despite what you may think, Thermopylae was not an epic 1vX.

What you see in movies and TV is not indicative of medieval warfare in the slightest.

Forgive me if I want warfare in a videogame to be somewhat similar to warfare in movies and T.V. (1v1’s). Not real life, where X likely slashed the backs of 1v1’s.
    --The King of Worms
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I remember not too long ago there was a day where we could not group. That was also the same day where cyrodiil had zero lag. I was still able to communicate with allies through discord though. Was a great day indeed.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember not too long ago there was a day where we could not group. That was also the same day where cyrodiil had zero lag. I was still able to communicate with allies through discord though. Was a great day indeed.
    And do you realize why it was so?
    Because Purge, the hard carry crutch of ballgroups, is useless outside of a group. Think about that for a while.

OTOH, if ZOS did as OP suggests, this would accomplish exactly nothing of what they think it should do.
    Ballgroups would still remain coordinated via Discord or TS, and they would still continue to ball up and spam purge all day long.

Unfortunately, at this point I'm afraid that we (collectively the playerbase as a whole, as well as ZOS) have painted ourselves into a corner there a long ago, and by now there seems to be no way out of that pickle without having to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Found the person who was in the premade group of 4 when the queue would spit out a 4v3v2.