The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Riften Home?

ZomZom
ZomZom
✭✭✭
I feel like rushing into autumn right now but I’m at work and can’t log in to check—is there a player home in Riften/the Rift?
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumn's Gate is the small home. I've been decorating mine for autumn too. I need more trees though. Do you have any plans yet for yours?
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a larger home really close to the main city and therefore not far from crafting areas, fence, and wayshrine.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autumn's Gate is a sweet little house to decorate. I've had a lot of fun with mine.
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Mistveil Manor is excellent for the price. Beautiful indoors, plenty of outdoors to decorate.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rrimöykk wrote: »
    Old Mistveil Manor is excellent for the price. Beautiful indoors, plenty of outdoors to decorate.

Have to agree, it's one of my all-time favorites due to the cool rustic feel, easily decorated to be a haven <3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the old mistveil manor when it first came out, I made it into a hunting lodge theme, really enjoy this house.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently bought Old Mistveil Manor and am making furnishings to decorate it now. It's a really nice design, I'd love to have a house build like it for real. It feels so warm and homey.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all three houses in the Rift now.
    Autumn's Gate, my second ESO house, used to be my primary residence, in fact, as it was my crafting area (just regular stations, not attuned), but I recently did "The Thing" ("Zhu Li! Do the thing!") and got Hunter's Glade, which is now my primary.

Regarding Old Mistveil...
    [tangent]
    Grymharth's Woe, in Eastmarch, was my very first house in ESO because Nords are my favorite, and I wanted a base in Windhelm. As such, I'm fond of that house.
    (this pre-dated my first time playing Skyrim by over a year, so I had no Skyrim nostalgia at that point. I'm just a fan of Winter and Northern European [Scandinavian] culture, as its part of my heritage.)
    [/tangent]

It was quite awhile after I started playing ESO when I finally previewed Old Mistveil Manor, but once I did, I snapped it up as soon as I could afford it, because the house itself has almost the same floor-plan as Grymharth's, but with more.
    (the front porch, the short hallway coming in from the front door, and the sizable balcony upstairs).
    And then, you have the courtyard that Grymharth's doesn't have.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase if you like the Nordic homes in the game.
    And Autumn's Gate is great for a small starter home.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • CMDR_Un1k0rn
      CMDR_Un1k0rn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Mistveil may well be one of the best houses in the game. I'm planning on building some sort of drinking festival in the courtyard.
      In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No