Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crypt of Hearts II solo

Stratloc
Stratloc
✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to solo the last boss on a non pet class? As far as I've read CoH II is perfectly soloable (I'm just talking normal here) but I can't escape the "lifting sword in the air"-mechanic of the last boss. It seems undodgeable and a one shot. Am I missing something?

Also, any advice on what DLC dungeons might be easiest to solo? Still talking normal mode. I was thinking WGT maybe? I soloed all base dungeons (mechanics allowing) and I'm looking into DLC's now.

Also did a couple vet "version I" HM base dungeons but end bosses have so many HPs it gets tiring very fast.

Best Answer

• deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mechanic you describe requires you to dps through the 'holding in air' phase while hitting synergy to mitigate his damage. If you do sufficient damage to drop his shield he drops you and resumes normal attacks but will return to that mechanic if not dropped soon.

So, it's possible but requires timing and ensuring you have lots of dots on nerieneth and maybe some heavy-damage ultimate with duration just before he picks your character up to chew through his shield. Healing doesn't help - it's just dps, unfortuantely.

edit: White gold tower can only be soloed with a pet sorc due to harvester boss cage mechanic which resets the fight. Despite claims to the contrary other classes can't - I tried after someone posted on forum that was possible with other classes but that cage mechanic resets the fight. I couldn't use gap closer to escape cage in time, couldn't force lock etc without the boss resetting once inside the cage. I would, however, love to be proved wrong about this. :)
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on September 5, 2020 1:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. That was very helpful and informative. I tried DPSing through the shield, but I guess my current build isn't suited for it. Also it's kinda hard to time it right.

Regarding WGT, I was going for the force lock/gap closer method you described, which I also read was possible somewhere. Good to know it isn't.

Ah well, guess I'll have to shelve my NB in order to progress and dust up my sorc.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    The mechanic you describe requires you to dps through the 'holding in air' phase while hitting synergy to mitigate his damage. If you do sufficient damage to drop his shield he drops you and resumes normal attacks but will return to that mechanic if not dropped soon.

So, it's possible but requires timing and ensuring you have lots of dots on nerieneth and maybe some heavy-damage ultimate with duration just before he picks your character up to chew through his shield. Healing doesn't help - it's just dps, unfortuantely.

edit: White gold tower can only be soloed with a pet sorc due to harvester boss cage mechanic which resets the fight. Despite claims to the contrary other classes can't - I tried after someone posted on forum that was possible with other classes but that cage mechanic resets the fight. I couldn't use gap closer to escape cage in time, couldn't force lock etc without the boss resetting once inside the cage. I would, however, love to be proved wrong about this. :)

@Souterain I went in with my NB, and tried the following for science!

1) Lock pick: it worked! It wasn't 100% reliable though, it only worked 3/6 attempts (the times it didn't work, the picking was successful, and the door opened, but the boss reset anyway; maybe I was a split second slower on pressing the button, maybe it was a glitch, but I don't know why the boss reset in those times), but on the successful attempts, I was able to kill the boss, and proceed normally.
    2) Precognition psijic ulti: it didn't work, the ulti was consumed, but I remained in the cage location
    3) Lotus fan: didn't work, I couldn't even target the boss/zombies (even though I had deliberately kited them close to cage)
    4) Shade teleport: it... almost suceeded :D That is, I teleported out of the cage, but the boss reset. I tried it a few times, and the teleport was successful, but even though I turned fast to hit the boss when I escaped, the boss still went to its original location and reset.

At least, since lock-picking is universal, it can work on all classes. From my attempts it didn't seem reliable, but it did work. Note, I have all the lock-pick passives on that character. Here is a clip, first with the lock-pick, and then with the shade:

https://youtu.be/Td6Xx_ZdsQA

• Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh that's interesting!
    I'm definitely gonna try out as well.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just did harvester boss. I was able to force the lock without boss resetting. Was caged 3 times, forced the lock and used Ambush as gap closer, no problem at all. So far 100% success rate.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome work guys - I really appreciate the time you've taken to test this and write it up. And that it worked for you.

I couldn't get force lock to work before but will try again.

Thanks!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be able to solo WGT as long as you have any kind of Pet active including the Warden's Bear. (not non combat pets). I have not tried my Warden yet but will soon.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work guys - I really appreciate the time you've taken to test this and write it up. And that it worked for you.

I couldn't get force lock to work before but will try again.

Thanks!

Sure thing! It was fun to test this! :)